Daily Log for #alfresco IRC Channel

Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question.

Official support for Enterprise subscribers: support.alfresco.com.

Joining the Channel:

Join in the conversation by getting an IRC client and connecting to #alfresco at Freenode. Our you can use the IRC web chat.

More information about the channel is in the wiki.

Getting Help

More help is available in this list of resources.

Daily Log for #alfresco

2017-02-02 07:45:45 GMT <alfbot> fcorti: Sent 14 hours and 1 minute ago: <yreg> I temporarily fixed the problem (now the extraction happens) but not sure it went right as I always get a big nasty KO in Data quality - Entity counters for aspects

2017-02-02 07:45:46 GMT <alfbot> fcorti: Sent 13 hours and 59 minutes ago: <yreg> well I do also have a KO for tasks, but I guess that is not related, probably due to some undeployed workflow definitions or something or maybe an error in the counter script's query

2017-02-02 07:46:56 GMT <fcorti> yreg you are doing a great job. About data quality, we should check case by case.

2017-02-02 07:48:07 GMT <fcorti> yreg: the good news is that you are moving from the topic "let's make it work" to the topic "let's check and clean the data"

2017-02-02 07:48:17 GMT <fcorti> yreg: this is very good!

2017-02-02 07:48:53 GMT <fcorti> yreg: I'm pretty sure that with Alflytics everythign should be easier (I'm refactoring the code and cleaning a lot)

2017-02-02 07:58:45 GMT <bhagyas> Good morning all

2017-02-02 07:59:21 GMT <twen> 'morning

2017-02-02 07:59:50 GMT <twen> Anyone going to Fosdem then this week end ? time to pack my luggae xD

2017-02-02 08:32:38 GMT <alex88bb> Hi guys. Is it possible that search.query gives different results for different users?

2017-02-02 08:36:45 GMT <fcorti> interesting twen, when you will be back please share your thoughts, I'll be happy to hear about what you will see there

2017-02-02 08:37:49 GMT <twen> fcorti Sure :) I think there's be a lot to say, as my last visit was more than 10 years ago...

2017-02-02 08:39:08 GMT <twen> I'm wondering if alfresco (the community version) may have a booth there one day... it's all about open source. (Google used to go there, mostly for recruiting though)

2017-02-02 08:39:38 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: Sent 15 hours and 39 minutes ago: <yreg> resplin said :"My request to have a team meeting in Zarogoza before BeeCon was denied. Thank you again for offering a meeting room to us."

2017-02-02 08:40:47 GMT <angelborroy> ~later tell resplin sad to hear the news

2017-02-02 08:40:47 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: The operation succeeded.

2017-02-02 08:41:11 GMT <angelborroy> ~later tell resplin anyway, you have always a room available at keensoft ;-)

2017-02-02 08:41:11 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: The operation succeeded.

2017-02-02 09:10:58 GMT <fcorti> twen, we plan to have events on the ground for dev only

2017-02-02 09:11:09 GMT <fcorti> for the next year could be an idea

2017-02-02 09:11:33 GMT <fcorti> other events for this year you (or others) would suggest?

2017-02-02 09:11:45 GMT <fcorti> I'm in time to organise something

2017-02-02 09:17:10 GMT <twen> fcorti Fosdem is meant for dev... so still a good way to have presence. OK, the 2017 session is too near, but 2018 should be considered.

2017-02-02 09:17:35 GMT <twen> fcorti I don't have other event on top of my head yet, except Beecon ;)

2017-02-02 09:18:26 GMT <fcorti> tewn, ok, let me know you thought on this... and we will talk also at the Beecon :-)

2017-02-02 09:24:03 GMT <depo> Hello, I have a case, where alfresco connected to LDAP, by logs users where imported, i can see in DB those user, but when going to alfresco web search, it cannot find any user and none of them can login.

2017-02-02 09:28:09 GMT <AFaust> ~later tell resplin: Is there some chance to prioritise https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ACE-773 ? Currently working at a customer to do this myself and tripping over some Activiti tables that have very long index keys. Alfresco not supporting full Unicode on MySQL/MariaDB is a significant gap...

2017-02-02 09:28:09 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: The operation succeeded.

2017-02-02 09:43:16 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: You should probably vote or comment on the issue

2017-02-02 09:43:42 GMT <bhagyas> It's not been touched for more than a year and a half

2017-02-02 09:45:09 GMT <AFaust> I'll do that once I am done and it works.

2017-02-02 09:45:20 GMT <AFaust> Will include the steps I had to take

2017-02-02 09:46:25 GMT <AFaust> I am very glad that I already convinced the customer to setup to use file_per_table and Barracuda file format in advance - COPPRESSED row storage to the rescue with those Activiti table indices

2017-02-02 09:47:49 GMT <AFaust> Now I can store the 💩 character...

2017-02-02 09:48:03 GMT <AFaust> Oh - HexChat also does not support 4-byte Unicode? Sad.

2017-02-02 10:04:03 GMT <bhagyas> xD

2017-02-02 10:06:02 GMT <AFaust> Grr - now I can use the "pile of poo" as a folder name, but something goes wrong when navigating into it

2017-02-02 10:12:30 GMT <alfbot> yreg: Sent 12 hours and 34 minutes ago: <digcat> ping me when your about cheers

2017-02-02 10:13:00 GMT <yreg> ~later tell digcat,digcat_ ping !

2017-02-02 10:13:00 GMT <alfbot> yreg: The operation succeeded.

2017-02-02 10:27:09 GMT <AFaust> LOL - the Alfresco JIRA system does not support 4-byte unicode characters inside of issue comments...

2017-02-02 10:32:56 GMT <alfbot> digcat: Sent 19 minutes ago: <yreg> ping !

2017-02-02 10:44:05 GMT <koula> hi all. we want enable pkcs11 signatures in alfresco.

2017-02-02 10:44:27 GMT <koula> the closest solution found is sinadura

2017-02-02 10:45:11 GMT <angelborroy> koula what about https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-esign-cert

2017-02-02 10:45:13 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - keensoft/alfresco-esign-cert: Alfresco client certificate signature (including Chrome) (at github.com)

2017-02-02 10:45:44 GMT <koula> and mostly sinadura client, a stand alone java client that connects with webdav (? not sure) download files, signs them and uploads.

2017-02-02 10:46:12 GMT <koula> the certificates are on tokens

2017-02-02 10:46:37 GMT <angelborroy> koula please, read the like I’ve provided to you

2017-02-02 10:47:07 GMT <angelborroy> like > link

2017-02-02 10:48:21 GMT <koula> i didnot manage to make is work with the applet. and we would not like applets.

2017-02-02 10:49:03 GMT <angelborroy> koula you have also a local app

2017-02-02 10:49:08 GMT <angelborroy> koula is called AutoFirma

2017-02-02 10:49:23 GMT <angelborroy> koula it works with that addon where applets cannot be used

2017-02-02 10:49:40 GMT <angelborroy> koula when the user click the action in Alfresco, the local program is launched

2017-02-02 10:50:20 GMT <koula> a.. like sinadura.

2017-02-02 10:51:07 GMT <angelborroy> koula right, it works fine for Windows clients

2017-02-02 10:51:12 GMT <koula> ok. i am trying it again now.

2017-02-02 10:51:56 GMT <angelborroy> koula you need to install AutoFirma app on you computer

2017-02-02 10:52:34 GMT <angelborroy> koula http://firmaelectronica.gob.es/Home/Descargas.html

2017-02-02 11:16:03 GMT <koula> AutoFirma is opensource?

2017-02-02 11:17:12 GMT <qwebirc40031> I tried to create the file /app:company_home/st:sites/cm:surf-config/cm:configurations/cm:slingshot.site.configuration.xml with the bootsrap path but it does not change the theme from defaultBlue theme to yellowTheme

2017-02-02 11:17:20 GMT <qwebirc40031> any suggestions ?

2017-02-02 11:21:15 GMT <angelborroy> koula https://github.com/ctt-gob-es/clienteafirma

2017-02-02 11:21:17 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - ctt-gob-es/clienteafirma: Cliente @firma (at github.com)

2017-02-02 11:24:10 GMT <angelborroy> qwebirc40031 are you following instructions from some web page?

2017-02-02 11:24:21 GMT <angelborroy> qwebirc40031 what are you trying to configure?

2017-02-02 11:24:30 GMT <AFaust> bhagyas: Looks like I should NOT have commented on ACE-773 - it has just been closed as "Won't fix". Also, the linked DOCS-1889 has already been closed as "Not a bug"...

2017-02-02 11:25:36 GMT <qwebirc40031> @angelborroy I am trying to set the yellowTheme as default theme

2017-02-02 11:25:53 GMT <angelborroy> why are not using Share web app for that?

2017-02-02 11:26:25 GMT <qwebirc40031> because I want to set it when alfresco runs for the first time (part of install)

2017-02-02 11:26:37 GMT <angelborroy> ok, I understand

2017-02-02 11:26:48 GMT <AFaust> ~later tell resplin: Never mind - looks like Derek already decided that full unicode support is a burden that customers should bear, not Alfresco

2017-02-02 11:26:48 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: The operation succeeded.

2017-02-02 11:27:16 GMT <qwebirc40031> I was able to create the file /app:company_home/st:sites/cm:surf-config/cm:configurations/cm:slingshot.site.configuration.xml with the proper data

2017-02-02 11:27:37 GMT <angelborroy> qwebirc40031 maybe this can help https://github.com/teqnology/alfresco-login-reset

2017-02-02 11:27:39 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - teqnology/alfresco-login-reset: Alfresco Share new login page and an Activiti reset password workflow feature (at github.com)

2017-02-02 11:27:39 GMT <qwebirc40031> but it does not change the theme when I log in to share

2017-02-02 11:39:32 GMT *** marsv024_ is now known as marsv024

2017-02-02 11:56:21 GMT <koula> i am sorry angelborroy, but it stacks on "Loading signature component, please accept every security alert"

2017-02-02 11:56:30 GMT <koula> for chrome and ie.

2017-02-02 11:58:39 GMT <koula> and on firefox the applet also stucks

2017-02-02 12:00:01 GMT <koula> i could copy for you the exception from the java applet.

2017-02-02 12:00:41 GMT *** marsv024_ is now known as marsv024

2017-02-02 12:06:36 GMT <angelborroy> koula have you add your site (e.g localhost) to trusted sites?

2017-02-02 12:06:59 GMT <angelborroy> koula and have you accepted the use of the component in chrome, firefox and so?

2017-02-02 12:07:14 GMT <angelborroy> koula it works as any other component in the market, it has no special condition

2017-02-02 12:08:13 GMT <koula> angelborroy_ ie and chrome with success.

2017-02-02 12:08:30 GMT <angelborroy> koula by using autofirma app?

2017-02-02 12:13:55 GMT <koula> miniApplet @firma

2017-02-02 12:13:59 GMT <koula> so applet?

2017-02-02 12:14:13 GMT <koula> could i sent you the exception ?

2017-02-02 12:14:27 GMT <angelborroy> you can try, but it’s not my software

2017-02-02 13:51:43 GMT <qwebirc22455> Holla! Looking for help regarding CMIS. Want to make a GET call using AJAX from my domain to an Alfresco repository. Does not work. Understand that I have to use CORS, its also mentioned in the docs (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/pra/1/concepts/cmis-1.1-browser-binding-get.html). Does not get it... can someone help me to setup a CMIS call that retrieves a JSON?

2017-02-02 13:51:45 GMT <alfbot> Title: Getting content | Alfresco Documentation (at docs.alfresco.com)

2017-02-02 14:25:00 GMT <yreg> fcorti, QQ: I created a new Cube using Schema workbench, how can I deploy that to saiku ?

2017-02-02 14:26:49 GMT <IanW1> qwebirc22455: You might like to take a look at https://github.com/wrighting/dojoCMIS

2017-02-02 14:26:50 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - wrighting/dojoCMIS: A Dojo store to access CMIS based services (at github.com)

2017-02-02 14:27:32 GMT <fcorti> yreg you have to upload it as a DataSource

2017-02-02 14:27:37 GMT <fcorti> into Pentaho

2017-02-02 14:27:51 GMT <fcorti> From the User Console, on the top menu

2017-02-02 14:27:59 GMT <fcorti> you have Manage Data Sources

2017-02-02 14:28:02 GMT <fcorti> create new

2017-02-02 14:28:06 GMT <fcorti> of type Analysis

2017-02-02 14:28:11 GMT <fcorti> it is an XML file

2017-02-02 14:28:28 GMT <fcorti> you will specify the JDBC for the relational data

2017-02-02 14:28:33 GMT <fcorti> give it a name

2017-02-02 14:28:37 GMT <fcorti> that's all

2017-02-02 14:28:40 GMT <yreg> found it

2017-02-02 14:28:47 GMT <yreg> thanks

2017-02-02 14:30:09 GMT <fcorti> frequently flush the mondrian cache, when you upload a new version

2017-02-02 14:30:10 GMT <fcorti> ;-)

2017-02-02 14:30:28 GMT <yreg> nice tip

2017-02-02 14:30:37 GMT <yreg> will definitely save me time

2017-02-02 14:30:39 GMT <yreg> thnx

2017-02-02 14:49:39 GMT *** resplin_ is now known as resplin

2017-02-02 14:50:10 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 6 hours and 9 minutes ago: <angelborroy> sad to hear the news

2017-02-02 14:50:11 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 6 hours and 8 minutes ago: <angelborroy> anyway, you have always a room available at keensoft ;-)

2017-02-02 14:50:12 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 5 hours and 22 minutes ago: <AFaust> Is there some chance to prioritise https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ACE-773 ? Currently working at a customer to do this myself and tripping over some Activiti tables that have very long index keys. Alfresco not supporting full Unicode on MySQL/MariaDB is a significant gap...

2017-02-02 14:50:13 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 3 hours and 23 minutes ago: <AFaust> Never mind - looks like Derek already decided that full unicode support is a burden that customers should bear, not Alfresco

2017-02-02 14:52:17 GMT <AFaust> resplin: I also requested an update to the documentation via docs.alfresco.com today since I found out that DOCS-1889 had also been closed as "not a bug"

2017-02-02 14:53:34 GMT <resplin> ACE-773 is a new one for me.

2017-02-02 14:54:14 GMT <AFaust> Well - it is an old one as you can guess from the number

2017-02-02 14:54:22 GMT <resplin> I see that.

2017-02-02 14:54:30 GMT <resplin> In general I agree with Derek's approach of making a quick decision so that people know what we are thinking. But his explanations could often be more helpful.

2017-02-02 14:55:24 GMT <resplin> The fact that it has only been raised by one customer and one community member in the last three years suggests that we shouldn't spend the time to fix it. We have bigger fish to fry. But I will continue to monitor cases related to it.

2017-02-02 14:55:45 GMT <AFaust> Quick feedback is always appreciated, considering how long some tickets end up in slumber before they are closed as "referring to an old version of Alfresco"

2017-02-02 14:55:56 GMT <resplin> Your specific problem with the Activiti tables are likely to be solved in a different way. We want to change how the embedded Activiti works to leverage the full deployment.

2017-02-02 14:56:12 GMT <resplin> AFaust: That is exactly what we are trying to improve with.

2017-02-02 14:56:37 GMT <AFaust> What I don't understand is that the documentation task has been rejected as well.

2017-02-02 14:56:45 GMT <resplin> I haven't looked at that one yet.

2017-02-02 14:57:30 GMT <AFaust> I am often asked by customers "Surely we can't be the first one's to observe such a trivial issue and there must be documentation by Alfresco?" just to realize that Alfresco didn't even consider or rejected to document it...

2017-02-02 14:57:46 GMT <AFaust> ^^ also referring to paying Enterprise customers in the past

2017-02-02 14:58:03 GMT <AFaust> i.e. documentation simply states: "Make sure you have a competent DBA"

2017-02-02 14:58:07 GMT <resplin> How many customers have hit that issue? So far I'm only aware of the two.

2017-02-02 14:58:35 GMT <resplin> Odd that I had to log in to see DOCS-1889. it's not marked as an internal issue.

2017-02-02 14:58:42 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: A competent DBA is a golden hammer ;p

2017-02-02 14:58:57 GMT <resplin> Oh, I'm supposed to be in a meeting. I'll look at this afterwards.

2017-02-02 14:59:28 GMT <AFaust> But there should at least be some general documentation on what tables need specific attention and common maintenance tasks for the supported DB systems and use cases, i.e. documentation that transactional DB queries can scale quite horribly with examples when/why

2017-02-02 14:59:51 GMT <bhagyas> in fact, almost no documentation would be needed if companies had competent ACAs and ACEs ;)

2017-02-02 15:00:01 GMT <AFaust> resplin: In my experience, 1 in 5 customers may have a "competent DBA" - most of the time the DBA just say "the application behaves incorrectly and must be changed"

2017-02-02 15:00:38 GMT <AFaust> bhagyas: That is a joke right? Considering the number of errors that are in the ACA/ACE exam questions...

2017-02-02 15:03:05 GMT <AFaust> resplin: "How many customers have hit that issue?" - most Enterprise and Community customers (and service integrators) I know eventually resign from reporting issues to JIRA / Alfresco Support because there is typically little help that is provided. So if I were in your shoes I wouldn't trust the feedback you get one bit...

2017-02-02 15:03:18 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: The day you make the exam questions is when Alfresco has no more ACA/ACE applicants ;)

2017-02-02 15:03:58 GMT <AFaust> bhagyas: They'd have applicants, but very few (if any) that pass on the first attempt...

2017-02-02 15:04:40 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: I'm actually boycotting JIRA until the source is ported to GitHub and where we can submit actual patches instead of patch files :)

2017-02-02 15:04:44 GMT <AFaust> But then again there can be further differentiation - e.g. in "Basic", "Partner" and "Expert" levels

2017-02-02 15:04:56 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: of course ;)

2017-02-02 15:05:31 GMT <bhagyas> but Peter is being nice and hasn't given up reporting issues

2017-02-02 15:05:40 GMT <AFaust> ACA/ACE currently is on the same level as Oracle Java Certified Programmer

2017-02-02 15:05:58 GMT <AFaust> As you can see from my activities, I also haven't given up yet...

2017-02-02 15:06:09 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: you haven't even given up on Aikau

2017-02-02 15:06:15 GMT <bhagyas> Keep holding on ;)

2017-02-02 15:06:30 GMT <AFaust> I only lack the time to report everything I find...

2017-02-02 15:07:48 GMT <AFaust> ^^ or prepare full PRs so it only needs to be merged (since there are no full-time resources working on Share / Aikau UI anymore)

2017-02-02 15:09:24 GMT <Loftux> At least we got a new look on the Share login page in the latest release! :-D

2017-02-02 15:10:12 GMT * AFaust has actually considered the question if there could be some kind of crowdfunding campaign (via Patreon et al) to finance a "community-owned JIRA reporting and PR drafting process"

2017-02-02 15:10:42 GMT <bhagyas> I'd consider a change.org petition to get rid of JIRA instead

2017-02-02 15:11:23 GMT <AFaust> As always, it's not a question of the tool, but of the process and priorities...

2017-02-02 15:12:01 GMT <AFaust> Or do you mean outlawing this Atlassian product in general?

2017-02-02 15:14:53 GMT <bhagyas> I like JIRA as a product - quite nice when you want to plan stuff - but if you're dealing with source you need to at least integrate it with source control instead of using as a wall

2017-02-02 15:18:57 GMT * AFaust adds ALF-21806 to the list of issues he'll have to fix himself...

2017-02-02 15:20:19 GMT <AFaust> I should probably create a default filter for all "Not a bug" and "Won't fix" issues as an input funnel for my own activities...

2017-02-02 15:20:32 GMT <angelborroy> Loftux btw, I’ve installed yesterday 201701 and it crashed on my third click

2017-02-02 15:20:52 GMT <angelborroy> Loftux Are anyone using 5.2 based release for prod?

2017-02-02 15:21:41 GMT <bhagyas> angelborroy: yeah

2017-02-02 15:22:03 GMT <angelborroy> bhagyas without big problems?

2017-02-02 15:22:46 GMT <angelborroy> bhagyas just try to change to “system:system” store at Node Browser from alfresco.war and you’ll see a nice crash :9

2017-02-02 15:25:45 GMT <yreg> fcorti, introducing custom metadata as new dimensions in a new Olap Cube can be tricky

2017-02-02 15:26:02 GMT <yreg> any hint that could make my life easier

2017-02-02 15:32:50 GMT <Loftux> angelborroy: Our LX94 build is a build from around dec 12, so not all the stuff that went into 201701. We had a lot of issues with the afterCommit in thumbnails causing db connection issues. But now seems ok

2017-02-02 15:33:00 GMT <fcorti> yreg: naaaaaa, let's see it together

2017-02-02 15:33:20 GMT <fcorti> yreg: the star schema is done for this purpose... will tell you tomorrow

2017-02-02 15:39:06 GMT <yreg> I already figured a way : create a view with SELECT DISTINCT for the property list + a new view combining the repository view with the corresponding aspect dimention

2017-02-02 15:39:18 GMT <yreg> s/dimention/dimension/

2017-02-02 15:40:01 GMT <yreg> fcorti, just wanted to check if there were a better(or automated) approach for it

2017-02-02 15:42:30 GMT <fcorti> yreg aspect is more tricky but not hard

2017-02-02 15:42:49 GMT <fcorti> one view as dimension with FOLDER_ID an DOCUMENT_ID

2017-02-02 15:42:57 GMT <fcorti> then, in the cube

2017-02-02 15:43:07 GMT <fcorti> you have to link the FOLDER with FOLDERS

2017-02-02 15:43:20 GMT <fcorti> and DOCUMENTS with the ID of document (of course)

2017-02-02 15:43:22 GMT <yreg> already done

2017-02-02 15:43:32 GMT <yreg> just had to add multiple views

2017-02-02 15:44:04 GMT <fcorti> same view two times... but it's nice if you have 2 views

2017-02-02 15:44:08 GMT <yreg> 3 actually, just to make this available

2017-02-02 15:44:42 GMT <yreg> we will talk about it tomorrow, I am probably missing the obvious way and going for a complex solution :P

2017-02-02 16:08:12 GMT <resplin> AFaust: during ALF Triage today we chuckled at you wide array of errors related to the poo emoji.

2017-02-02 16:08:39 GMT <resplin> One of our project managers is from Barcelona, and he introduced us to their Christmas traditions centered on bodily processes.

2017-02-02 16:09:12 GMT <AFaust> That emoji somehow fit the state of full unicode support...

2017-02-02 16:09:28 GMT <resplin> bhagyas: We have been making progress getting the code into GitHub. We have already split out two repositories: data-model, core

2017-02-02 16:11:59 GMT <resplin> AFaust: I have to admit that it is painful to close issues that are clear problems with behavior. But I have to be realistic about what we will actually get to, weighing improvements to existing functionality against new functionality that people will appreciate.

2017-02-02 16:12:07 GMT <AFaust> And I didn't want to accidentally use any emoji that could be misconstrued as "unwanted advances"...

2017-02-02 16:12:21 GMT <resplin> lol

2017-02-02 16:12:28 GMT <resplin> We know how much you love JIRA!

2017-02-02 16:15:37 GMT <AFaust> Just keep passing on to the "higher ups" the level of frustration you regularly encounter... maybe it'll change priorities so that you can adapt your idea of what Alfresco can realistically get to...

2017-02-02 16:17:53 GMT <AFaust> I hope any new developer is provided with a training that is just about going through all the unsolved/rejected old issues, and a trainer tells them with a stern voice to not add to those misdeeds..

2017-02-02 16:18:05 GMT <resplin> We have already made a lot of progress there. But the additional resources have gone to improve our REST APIs, as well as our build tooling (move to Git).

2017-02-02 16:33:17 GMT <IanW1> resplin: SDK3 seems to have stalled - any idea when it might get going again?

2017-02-02 16:34:07 GMT <resplin> olej is planning to give an update to everyone at BeeCon.

2017-02-02 16:34:17 GMT <resplin> It sounded like good news, but I don't want to spoil anything.

2017-02-02 16:37:27 GMT <yreg> resplin, That means it won't be out before beecon

2017-02-02 16:37:30 GMT <yreg> ?

2017-02-02 16:39:46 GMT <yreg> When I inspected the graphs on github a while back, it sounded like the project was stalled ever since the huge movement in the activiti team

2017-02-02 16:41:43 GMT <yreg> hmmm humm it actually correlates with the big movement in ADF repositories too

2017-02-02 16:47:20 GMT <yreg> https://s30.postimg.org/ld3lsstg1/screencapture_github_Alfresco.png

2017-02-02 16:48:14 GMT <resplin> That work is owned by the same team as ADF.

2017-02-02 16:48:38 GMT <resplin> But olej said that they are making progress again.

2017-02-02 16:49:58 GMT <yreg> Cool, looking forward to seeing an official release of the SDK

2017-02-02 16:54:17 GMT <AFaust> yreg: keep in mind that the GitHub graph only shows activities on master

2017-02-02 16:54:37 GMT <AFaust> SDK 3 is on a different branch if I remember correctly

2017-02-02 16:57:05 GMT <yreg> Yes which by the way does not make much sense

2017-02-02 16:57:19 GMT <yreg> same thing with alfresco examples repo

2017-02-02 16:57:52 GMT <yreg> master is stuck in an ancient state and all the good stuff is on a branch somewhere

2017-02-02 17:07:41 GMT <resplin> We are increasingly using feature branches and git flow, so the work doesn't come back until it is done.

2017-02-02 17:19:18 GMT <yreg> resplin, checkout this one ?

2017-02-02 17:19:20 GMT <yreg> https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-sdk-samples

2017-02-02 17:19:21 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - Alfresco/alfresco-sdk-samples: Alfresco SDK (at github.com)

2017-02-02 17:19:37 GMT <yreg> Master did not change in almost 2 years

2017-02-02 17:19:46 GMT <yreg> and every thing new goes to branches

2017-02-02 17:34:20 GMT <yreg> Ok, I can understand that new features should go to branches, but then they should be merged at some point, and probably create a tag for each and every release

2017-02-02 17:35:20 GMT <yreg> some would go event and create branches for old release to be able to continue maintaining them .. but it is definitely not the case with the SDK examples repo

2017-02-02 19:40:53 GMT <xkahn> dropbox paper is CRAZY GOOD.

2017-02-02 19:41:07 GMT <xkahn> Written using the original Etherpad

2017-02-02 19:41:16 GMT <xkahn> backs up into the dropbox repository

2017-02-02 20:11:38 GMT *** yregaieg is now known as yreg

2017-02-02 20:38:11 GMT *** yregaieg is now known as yreg

2017-02-02 21:08:51 GMT <resplin> I'll have to try it out.

2017-02-02 21:19:28 GMT <xkahn> resplin: It looks like they're using medium-editor as their editing widget

2017-02-02 21:19:42 GMT <resplin> I didn't realize that was open source.

2017-02-02 21:21:04 GMT <xkahn> resplin: It isn't. People re-implemented the editor. Hopefully using many of the same principals, not just the look and feel

2017-02-02 21:21:40 GMT <xkahn> http://linkesch.com/medium-editor-insert-plugin/

2017-02-02 21:21:41 GMT <alfbot> Title: medium-editor-insert-plugin | example (at linkesch.com)

2017-02-02 21:22:01 GMT <xkahn> https://github.com/yabwe/medium-editor

2017-02-02 21:22:02 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - yabwe/medium-editor: Medium.com WYSIWYG editor clone. Uses contenteditable API to implement a rich text solution. (at github.com)

2017-02-02 21:27:07 GMT <xkahn> resplin: Just invited you to a sample Paper doc

2017-02-02 21:40:17 GMT <resplin> xkahn: You invited me through dropbox? I don't see the invitation anywhere.

2017-02-02 21:41:00 GMT <xkahn> resplin: Yeah. I entered your alfresco.com email into the sharing window... I assume it sends an invite.

2017-02-02 21:41:05 GMT <xkahn> Well, it said it would.

2017-02-02 21:41:23 GMT <resplin> hmmm

2017-02-02 21:41:32 GMT <resplin> Maybe it got caught in the spam filter

2017-02-02 21:41:52 GMT <xkahn> I just PM'd it to you

End of Daily Log

The other logs are at http://esplins.org/hash_alfresco