Daily Log for #alfresco IRC Channel

Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question.

Official support for Enterprise subscribers: support.alfresco.com.

Joining the Channel:

Join in the conversation by getting an IRC client and connecting to #alfresco at Freenode. Our you can use the IRC web chat.

More information about the channel is in the wiki.

Getting Help

More help is available in this list of resources.

Daily Log for #alfresco

2017-03-08 00:42:09 GMT <douglascrp> yreg, hey dude

2017-03-08 00:42:11 GMT <douglascrp> I am now

2017-03-08 07:39:41 GMT <alfbot> bhagyas: Sent 15 hours and 4 minutes ago: <yreg_> am sorry if you feel offended by my comments... But some times, even thus you do have a very valid point, the way you express your point of view makes people want to avoid it, leading to IMHO reverse effect

2017-03-08 07:42:04 GMT *** fcorti is now known as alfrescoit

2017-03-08 07:42:13 GMT *** alfrescoit is now known as fcorti

2017-03-08 08:00:03 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:09:07 GMT <fcorti> Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Office Hours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Erk0oK2NmQ

2017-03-08 08:09:08 GMT <alfbot> Title: Logs for #alfresco IRC channel (at chat.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 08:10:20 GMT <fcorti> Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Tech Talk Live 103 about Search Services: https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk

2017-03-08 08:10:21 GMT <alfbot> Title: Logs for #alfresco IRC channel (at chat.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 08:14:04 GMT <fcorti> Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Tech Talk Live 103 about Search Services: https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk

2017-03-08 08:14:05 GMT <alfbot> Title: Logs for #alfresco IRC channel (at chat.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 08:15:32 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:15:42 GMT <ohej> try again fcorti

2017-03-08 08:15:43 GMT *** fcorti changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Tech Talk Live 103 about Search Services: https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk"

2017-03-08 08:15:48 GMT <ohej> there we go

2017-03-08 08:16:03 GMT <fcorti> ok but I loose op

2017-03-08 08:16:15 GMT <fcorti> and registering is not working

2017-03-08 08:16:18 GMT <fcorti> I'll see

2017-03-08 08:16:21 GMT <ohej> Yeah we might need to rerun the registration with chanserv

2017-03-08 08:16:32 GMT <fcorti> I'll ask to richard

2017-03-08 08:16:35 GMT <fcorti> thank you

2017-03-08 08:17:34 GMT <ohej> no problemo

2017-03-08 08:17:41 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:26:57 GMT *** yreg is now known as Guest64668

2017-03-08 08:27:13 GMT <Guest64668> Morning guys

2017-03-08 08:39:21 GMT <Guest64668> Guys what is the bes approach for limiting the execution of a reporting job to one single node in a cluster ?

2017-03-08 08:40:22 GMT <Guest64668> Does alfresco support that OOTB ? explicitely deactivate job using different config from different nodes ?

2017-03-08 08:41:00 GMT <Guest64668> ohej: nice to see you around! it has been a while !

2017-03-08 08:41:42 GMT <Guest64668> Are you going to make any interesting announcement during today's TTL ?

2017-03-08 08:43:53 GMT <ohej> Guest64668: yeah I've been inactive for a while, things have been crazy around here lately!

2017-03-08 08:44:03 GMT <ohej> I'm not sure about TTL, fcorti runs them these days :)

2017-03-08 08:44:20 GMT <fcorti> yes, today a great TTL about Search Services

2017-03-08 08:44:33 GMT <fcorti> with Michael Suzuki and Andy Hind showing things

2017-03-08 08:44:44 GMT <Guest64668> Cool !

2017-03-08 08:44:56 GMT <angelborroy> fcorti what else related to last Alfresco Meetup at London?

2017-03-08 08:45:36 GMT <angelborroy> what else about Search Services, I mean

2017-03-08 08:45:39 GMT <fcorti> angelborroy we met yesterday with Kristen for the future steps

2017-03-08 08:46:15 GMT <ohej> sorry I couldn't make that call fcorti, I was tripple-booked during that time :S

2017-03-08 08:46:41 GMT <fcorti> ohej, I know... but I'm here also to give support on this

2017-03-08 08:46:46 GMT <fcorti> you know you are always welcome

2017-03-08 08:47:27 GMT <fcorti> angelborroy ok, well, it will be similar to the things you saw

2017-03-08 08:48:03 GMT <fcorti> and you did a lot of interesting questions in the meetup ;-)

2017-03-08 08:48:48 GMT <angelborroy> fcorti definitively I love this new Search Service approach

2017-03-08 08:49:27 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:50:01 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:50:05 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 08:50:10 GMT <ohej> wheee, finally we got it working fcorti ;)

2017-03-08 08:50:26 GMT <fcorti> ohej yes, it has been hard :-D

2017-03-08 08:50:42 GMT <Guest64668> Nice to see channel topic changing after all :)

2017-03-08 08:50:58 GMT <fcorti> yes, want to keep it updated

2017-03-08 08:51:11 GMT <fcorti> but permissions are tricky here

2017-03-08 08:56:27 GMT *** fcorti changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Today join Tech Talk Live 103 about Search Services here https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk"

2017-03-08 08:57:37 GMT <yregaieg> fcorti: https://community.alfresco.com/docs/DOC-6193-irc-chat for channel help

2017-03-08 08:57:39 GMT <alfbot> Title: IRC Chat | Alfresco Community (at community.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 08:58:41 GMT <yregaieg> [09:39] <Guest64668> Guys what is the bes approach for limiting the execution of a reporting job to one single node in a cluster ? [09:40] <Guest64668> Does alfresco support that OOTB ? explicitely deactivate job using different config from different nodes ?

2017-03-08 08:59:00 GMT <AFaust> ohej in this room again? I must still be dreaming...

2017-03-08 08:59:09 GMT * ohej hides

2017-03-08 08:59:31 GMT <yregaieg> AFaust: hehe, I had the same impression, it just has been so long

2017-03-08 09:01:29 GMT <AFaust> yreg: Well, for deactivating jobs I typically make sure that the job cron is configurable, and then just use the alfresco-global.properties to disable on one node

2017-03-08 09:02:38 GMT <AFaust> Or I even add a simple boolean-like entry in the jobData map keyed as "enabled", have that refer to a proper "job.xy.enabled" property in alfresco-global.properties and check that in the job before doing the work

2017-03-08 09:02:53 GMT <yregaieg> AFaust: I was thinking about using that approach but then I will need to make sure that one node did execute the job, since the one configured node can be out of service or something ..

2017-03-08 09:04:24 GMT <AFaust> Well - if you want conditional disabling, then your job should use a) JobLockService to avoid paralell execution and b) use AttributeService to record last time it was run, so you can check on next fire time if it needs to be run (e.g. if other node already ran the job for today)

2017-03-08 09:05:23 GMT <yregaieg> AFaust: interesting, thanks

2017-03-08 09:07:14 GMT <fcorti> yregaieg I needed to get more permits and I used this http://richard.esplins.org/siwi/2011/07/08/getting-started-freenode-irc/

2017-03-08 09:07:15 GMT <alfbot> Title: SIWI » Getting Started with Freenode IRC (at richard.esplins.org)

2017-03-08 09:09:01 GMT <yregaieg> I know ;-) was just correcting the link from the topic, for normal users, not ops

2017-03-08 09:09:27 GMT <yregaieg> nevermind

2017-03-08 09:09:31 GMT <ohej> any mac users here who can recommend a good IRC client? I've been using "Lingo" for years but the maintainer is gone and the domain is up for sale :S

2017-03-08 09:10:13 GMT <ohej> it's been the main reason I haven't been here for a while (apart from being super, crazy busy) but it's a bit wobbly after I upgraded to Sierra

2017-03-08 09:10:39 GMT <yregaieg> ohej: I assume hexchat is available for mac, if it is then it would be my N°1 recommendation

2017-03-08 09:10:57 GMT <ohej> guess I could go old school and have irssi running in a terminal.. :P

2017-03-08 09:11:25 GMT <yregaieg> com'on !

2017-03-08 09:11:56 GMT <AFaust> ohej: Just be aware that HexChat does not allow you to flip tables properly...

2017-03-08 09:12:25 GMT <ohej> well the problem with hexchat and most others I've looked at is that they don't look like native apps

2017-03-08 09:12:31 GMT <ohej> AFaust: no proper unicode support?

2017-03-08 09:12:42 GMT <AFaust> yreg did not tell me this in advance when he convinced me about HexChat and now I am super bummed

2017-03-08 09:13:22 GMT <ohej> ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

2017-03-08 09:13:24 GMT <AFaust> Not necessarily issue with unicode support

2017-03-08 09:14:20 GMT <oussama> in a java backed webscript i need to get the nodeRef of a group, authorityService.getAuthorityByName() throws ProviderNotFoundException while authorityDAO.getAuthorityNodeRefOrNull() gives me the desired result any idea why?

2017-03-08 09:15:24 GMT <AFaust> ohej: i.e. it does display some characters of the meme that are in the same unicode range (other 3-byte characters)

2017-03-08 09:15:37 GMT <ohej> ahh that sucks

2017-03-08 09:15:39 GMT <AFaust> Assumption is that it simply does not use OS-provided fonts to the full extent

2017-03-08 09:15:43 GMT <ohej> well hexchat is off the list then!

2017-03-08 09:15:50 GMT <AFaust> or included fonts are limited

2017-03-08 09:16:01 GMT <ohej> can't have an IRC client that doesn't allow me to flip tables

2017-03-08 09:17:09 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o fcorti

2017-03-08 09:32:53 GMT <Loftux> ohej: I use Adium on mac

2017-03-08 09:40:10 GMT <yregaieg> ohej: http://www.irchelp.org/clients/mac/ XCHAT might be interesting

2017-03-08 09:40:11 GMT <alfbot> Title: IRCHelp.org — Mac IRC Clients (at www.irchelp.org)

2017-03-08 09:55:38 GMT <bhagyas> ohej: Recommend Adium with my iMessage theme applied

2017-03-08 09:55:52 GMT <bhagyas> current users include me, Loftux and angelborroy

2017-03-08 09:55:58 GMT <bhagyas> as far as I know

2017-03-08 09:56:09 GMT <bhagyas> :)

2017-03-08 10:33:54 GMT <angelborroy> ohej this idea to move away datalist model to share-services is a very bad idea

2017-03-08 10:34:10 GMT <angelborroy> ohej are you aware of this issue?

2017-03-08 10:38:49 GMT <angelborroy> ohej as datalist model is located now inside an AMP file, depends on deployment order that a customized module based on datalist model load

2017-03-08 10:44:31 GMT <fwu> hi all!

2017-03-08 10:55:23 GMT <angelborroy> ohej maybe is a bad idea, but it works

2017-03-08 10:55:38 GMT <angelborroy> ohej it was my fault as I was not deploying alfresco-share-services AMP

2017-03-08 10:58:42 GMT <fwu> ohej! I need you opinion in one thing:

2017-03-08 10:59:21 GMT <fwu> what is the best dev environment for Alfresco 5.2? What artifact should I use, etc? Is there a tutorial about this somewhere?

2017-03-08 11:02:33 GMT <ohej> angelborroy: well Share wouldn't work properly anyways without the Share services amp?

2017-03-08 11:02:46 GMT <angelborroy> ohej yes, you’re right

2017-03-08 11:02:57 GMT <angelborroy> ohej installer has the WAR with alfresco-share-services deployed

2017-03-08 11:03:10 GMT <angelborroy> ohej but distribution WAR has not

2017-03-08 11:03:26 GMT <ohej> fwu: The current (sad) state is that we didn't finish SDK 3.0 in time for the 5.2 release which will be the target SDK for 5.2 (and in fact.. from 4.2 -> 5.2+)

2017-03-08 11:03:28 GMT <angelborroy> ohej so sorry for bothering you

2017-03-08 11:03:59 GMT <ohej> angelborroy: no need to be sorry, always appreciate the feedback! I know it's a painful and delicate thing, we've been debating how to go around it the best way, i.e install the AMPs by default or not

2017-03-08 11:04:41 GMT <ohej> angelborroy: but the ultimate goal is to start cutting down into smaller pieces and modules (to make the codebase more managable and releaseable) but that does come with a price of figuring out which modules need to be there

2017-03-08 11:04:58 GMT <angelborroy> ohej sure, I know is a very delicate task

2017-03-08 11:05:01 GMT <ohej> fwu: Which version of 5.2 are you targeting? Enterprise? 5.2.a/b/c ?

2017-03-08 11:05:15 GMT <fwu> community!

2017-03-08 11:05:32 GMT <ohej> fwu: the good news is that I'm working on SDK3 this week and we're close to having a release. In case I do not finish it this week I will publish a new beta that works with 5.2 enterprise and latest community editions

2017-03-08 11:06:08 GMT <fwu> so its better to wait, right? :)

2017-03-08 11:06:25 GMT <fwu> I will wait, no problem

2017-03-08 11:07:47 GMT <ohej> you'll most likely save yourself a lot of headache by waiting

2017-03-08 11:18:26 GMT <fwu> ok, nice!

2017-03-08 11:33:26 GMT <fwu> ppl, I have the need to specify a fork to N persons/groups dynamically and then a join of all of them. Can I do this in Activity? For now I dont even know how to represent this in bpm notation...lol

2017-03-08 11:34:05 GMT <fwu> how to represent "N" options initiating from a fork that will be joined?

2017-03-08 11:37:30 GMT <fwu> I think a need a representation of a loop here...

2017-03-08 11:39:30 GMT <AFaust> fwu: That is what multi-instance tasks or sub-processes are for

2017-03-08 11:41:21 GMT <fwu> AFaust, nice. Then I will search about multi-instance tasks. thank you! I believe activiti supports them, right?

2017-03-08 11:42:10 GMT <AFaust> multi-instance tasks yes - multi-instance subprocesses I think may need a combination of a regular sub-process with a multi-instance callprocess activity

2017-03-08 11:55:45 GMT <IanW1> ohej: good to hear about SDK 3, I thought you'd forgotten it... (although I did hear that Martin has left which probably doesn't help)

2017-03-08 12:07:43 GMT <ohej> IanW1: not forgotten at all.. and yes, sadly Martin has left which is a bummer, but the show goes on :)

2017-03-08 12:10:48 GMT <bhagyas> xD

2017-03-08 12:11:14 GMT <bhagyas> ohej: Is there anyone inside who is hacking around Gradle?

2017-03-08 12:13:04 GMT <ohej> Not that I've heard about

2017-03-08 12:13:39 GMT <ohej> but it's been on my radar for a while as a pet project

2017-03-08 12:13:53 GMT <ohej> because the approach with having all the run logic in a maven plugin is appealing since gradle can invoke maven plugins

2017-03-08 12:14:15 GMT <bhagyas> ah okay, making a bit of progress on that end..noticed parashift Au has projects that are built on gradle as open source

2017-03-08 12:14:22 GMT <ohej> so in theory it should be easy to reuse it in gradle. but it will require some work and tons of testing. Not sure when/if I ever get to play with it

2017-03-08 12:14:26 GMT <bhagyas> the rapid iteration cycles are interesting

2017-03-08 12:14:38 GMT <bhagyas> ohej: exactly!

2017-03-08 12:15:05 GMT <bhagyas> now looking at gradleWarOverlay plugin, which is almost the same as Maven WAR overlay plugin with a custom tomcat context and gretty

2017-03-08 12:15:22 GMT <bhagyas> so close to have a local running WAR

2017-03-08 12:15:53 GMT <bhagyas> found it was a little tricky to have the config properties to be included in the classpath

2017-03-08 12:17:26 GMT <bhagyas> I have a feeling that buck and gradle will have a face to face fight sometime soon

2017-03-08 12:18:01 GMT <bhagyas> the new gradle has something called compile avoidance, that stops anything from being compiled twice when you're hot reloading

2017-03-08 12:19:51 GMT <ohej> Yeah it's an interesting space to watch

2017-03-08 12:20:06 GMT <ohej> and in essence, the SDK3 has been reduced to the plugin

2017-03-08 12:20:28 GMT <ohej> the only tricky bit about all of this is running the repository, solr and share. Building an AMP is just an assembly

2017-03-08 12:20:43 GMT <ohej> so there really isn't a lot that Gradle or Maven needs to do other than to invoke the plugin

2017-03-08 12:27:10 GMT <bhagyas> I'm trying to keep the existing AMP style overrides intact, since it represents a significant way of Alfresco customisation

2017-03-08 12:27:27 GMT <bhagyas> that is still being used by a very large number of projects

2017-03-08 12:32:36 GMT <bhagyas> ohej: has the plugin changed?

2017-03-08 12:39:38 GMT <ohej> bhagyas: The plugin is backwards compatible if that's what you mean

2017-03-08 12:39:59 GMT <ohej> but we have introduced some new Mojo's like run and integrationtest

2017-03-08 12:40:05 GMT <ohej> so you can do "mvn alfresco:run"

2017-03-08 12:40:50 GMT <ohej> and creating an AMP with the ability to do the overrides is "just" a matter of you customizing the assembly

2017-03-08 12:41:14 GMT <bhagyas> ohej: Can you make sure the plugin code is merged to the master?

2017-03-08 12:41:23 GMT <douglascrp> morning

2017-03-08 12:41:24 GMT <bhagyas> or that the development happens in the master

2017-03-08 12:41:41 GMT <bhagyas> its sometimes difficult to follow what's going on with it

2017-03-08 12:41:45 GMT <bhagyas> Good morning douglascrp

2017-03-08 12:42:00 GMT <bhagyas> is mvn alfresco:run a wrapper around tomcat?

2017-03-08 12:44:52 GMT <fwu> douglascrp: can you send me the code example about using imports inside the workflows again? I had it in the chat window, but my computer restarted before I copy it :(

2017-03-08 12:49:04 GMT <yregaieg> fwu chat.alfresco.com has full history for last 3 months ;)

2017-03-08 12:49:15 GMT <yregaieg> fwu http://chat.alfresco.com has full history for last 3 months ;)

2017-03-08 12:49:16 GMT <alfbot> Title: Logs for #alfresco IRC channel (at chat.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 12:49:39 GMT <fwu> yregaieg it was on a private chat!

2017-03-08 12:51:13 GMT <ohej> bhagyas: Yes when it's all done I will

2017-03-08 12:51:21 GMT <ohej> it's on a branch currently

2017-03-08 12:52:02 GMT <ohej> Yes the RunMojo wraps around tomcat and takes care of all the crazy packaging issues with the platform

2017-03-08 12:52:30 GMT <douglascrp> fwu, there is nothing different there

2017-03-08 12:52:35 GMT <douglascrp> let me get the docs link to you

2017-03-08 12:52:39 GMT <ohej> for example taking the solr artifact, making sure we have the right one, unzip the configs, do the replacements that needs to be done, uses the right artifact id/groupid (because they changed over time)

2017-03-08 12:53:04 GMT <douglascrp> fwu, http://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/API-JS-Scripts.html

2017-03-08 12:53:05 GMT <alfbot> Title: About script files | Alfresco Documentation (at docs.alfresco.com)

2017-03-08 12:53:21 GMT <douglascrp> fwu, one important detail. the import has to be the first line

2017-03-08 12:53:27 GMT <ohej> and it's configurable in such a way that if you want to have 100% control over the tomcat plugin you can just tell it <enableTomcat>false</enableTomcat> and it just does all the prep work and you configure the plugin yourself

2017-03-08 12:53:30 GMT <douglascrp> no empty lines or text before it

2017-03-08 12:53:38 GMT <ohej> bhagyas: tried really hard to make it as configurable as possible

2017-03-08 12:54:33 GMT <bhagyas> nice

2017-03-08 12:54:40 GMT <fwu> douglascrp, but that only works on 5.2?

2017-03-08 12:54:47 GMT <bhagyas> How easy would be the migration from 2.2?

2017-03-08 12:55:06 GMT <douglascrp> fwu, no, that applies since "always" :D

2017-03-08 12:55:11 GMT <ohej> Hard. It would be easier for you to generate a new project and move the code over. That's the downside

2017-03-08 12:55:28 GMT <douglascrp> I just got the latest docs available

2017-03-08 12:55:42 GMT <fwu> douglascrp, nic! thank you ;)

2017-03-08 12:55:45 GMT <fwu> nice

2017-03-08 12:56:16 GMT <ohej> bhagyas: but you could change your existing project, you just end up spending a lot of time removing stuff. Theh footprint is pretty small with SDK3 because the minimal thing you need is a normal JAR project, a few properties and the alfresco-maven-plugin config

2017-03-08 12:56:38 GMT <bhagyas> :/

2017-03-08 12:56:40 GMT <ohej> the AIO archetype is reduced to a multi module with just a platform jar module and a share jar module

2017-03-08 12:56:47 GMT <bhagyas> same we did for moving to 2.1

2017-03-08 12:56:49 GMT <bhagyas> haha

2017-03-08 12:57:29 GMT <ohej> Yup.. but once you move to SDK3 it works all the way back to 4.2

2017-03-08 12:57:57 GMT <bhagyas> okay

2017-03-08 12:57:57 GMT <ohej> only exception is that if you have java code in your share module in 4.2 you need to add a dependency for it to compile in 4.2. That was the only thing we couldn't work our way around

2017-03-08 13:01:10 GMT <bhagyas> right

2017-03-08 13:55:14 GMT <Tichodroma> I want to overwrite a class that is in tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-remote-api-5.0.d.jar using an AMP build with Maven SDK 2.1.0

2017-03-08 13:55:38 GMT <douglascrp> does anyone here know ChronoScan:

2017-03-08 13:55:43 GMT <douglascrp> ?

2017-03-08 13:55:53 GMT <Tichodroma> What do I have to do so my .class file takes precedence above the one from the alfresco-remote-api JAR?

2017-03-08 13:58:42 GMT <yregaieg> Tichodroma: is it a bean ?

2017-03-08 13:58:52 GMT <Tichodroma> yes

2017-03-08 13:59:07 GMT <yregaieg> then use a different class name

2017-03-08 13:59:21 GMT <yregaieg> and override the bean definition to use the new class

2017-03-08 13:59:34 GMT <DarkStar1> Afternoon people

2017-03-08 13:59:48 GMT <douglascrp> afternoon DarkStar1

2017-03-08 13:59:53 GMT <Tichodroma> yregaieg: hm, let's see

2017-03-08 14:00:09 GMT <DarkStar1> douglascrp: wassup?

2017-03-08 14:01:00 GMT <DarkStar1> Tichodroma: what is the name of that class?

2017-03-08 14:01:12 GMT <douglascrp> DarkStar1, :D

2017-03-08 14:01:12 GMT <yregaieg> Tichodroma: do I am assuming that the bean you are overriding implements some interface

2017-03-08 14:01:22 GMT <douglascrp> DarkStar1, I always remember about that video :D

2017-03-08 14:01:38 GMT <Tichodroma> it's NodeContentGet which has a stupid bug: It does not call transformer.transform(reader, writer, options) but only transformer.transform(reader, writer)

2017-03-08 14:01:54 GMT <Tichodroma> so it is a WS controller class

2017-03-08 14:02:38 GMT <DarkStar1> Tichodroma: https://github.com/Alfresco/community-edition-old/blob/2c1eff9953d3105e738f7b06ba9ba8a079ca4c24/projects/remote-api/config/alfresco/web-scripts-application-context.xml#L1323

2017-03-08 14:02:39 GMT <alfbot> Title: community-edition-old/web-scripts-application-context.xml at 2c1eff9953d3105e738f7b06ba9ba8a079ca4c24 · Alfresco/community-edition-old · GitHub (at github.com)

2017-03-08 14:02:44 GMT <DarkStar1> that one?

2017-03-08 14:02:50 GMT <yregaieg> Tichodroma: then do as I suggested and it will work as a charm ;-) just be careful where to put your bean definition so that it does override the original one from alfresco

2017-03-08 14:02:54 GMT <Tichodroma> DarkStar1: yes

2017-03-08 14:03:05 GMT <Tichodroma> ok, thanks

2017-03-08 14:03:31 GMT <DarkStar1> Ok then just do as yregaieg said. create a new bean with the same id

2017-03-08 14:04:01 GMT <DarkStar1> but change the class attribute

2017-03-08 14:04:02 GMT <Tichodroma> maybe I should open an issue in JIRA if there isn't one already. This bug is so stupid.

2017-03-08 14:04:08 GMT <Tichodroma> sure

2017-03-08 14:19:12 GMT <kgastaldo> Just a reminder, Tech Talk Live kicks off in 40 min!

2017-03-08 14:19:30 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 14:19:32 GMT <douglascrp> kgastaldo, link please

2017-03-08 14:20:38 GMT <fcorti> https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk

2017-03-08 14:25:20 GMT <AxelFaust> yreg: "just be careful where to put your bean definition" => use post processors!

2017-03-08 14:28:14 GMT <AxelFaust> Tichodroma: I know I have fixed that in the past - needed at least to have the "use" parameter from the options so I could know if transformation was due for indexing, e.g. to handle decision about returning cached OCR data...

2017-03-08 14:28:30 GMT <AxelFaust> ^^ when OCR text is not embedded in document already, e.g. for TIFF

2017-03-08 14:31:45 GMT <Tichodroma> AxelFaust: yes, that's the problem. Without the options there is no way to access more details of the node or anything beside the raw Reader

2017-03-08 14:32:35 GMT <Tichodroma> AxelFaust: I've tried your ImplementationClassReplacingBeanFactoryPostProcessor approach but without success. Is there any special magic about where to but the context.xml that executes it?

2017-03-08 14:32:53 GMT <Tichodroma> inside an AMP?

2017-03-08 14:36:14 GMT *** yregaieg is now known as yreg

2017-03-08 14:39:52 GMT <Magdalena> Hello. I'd like to insert a custom message when the user clicks on a button in a workflow/task. I've done it but it shows the message with org.alfresco...etc. and then my message

2017-03-08 14:40:19 GMT <Magdalena> is there a way so i can only show my message, without the part from alfresco. I've googled it but no help. Thanks

2017-03-08 14:41:52 GMT <DarkStar1> douglascrp: So sdk

2017-03-08 14:42:55 GMT <douglascrp> I saw your skype message

2017-03-08 14:46:57 GMT <Tichodroma> AFaust: did you read my last question about the ImplementationClassReplacingBeanFactoryPostProcessor?

2017-03-08 14:59:11 GMT <AFaust> Tichodroma: Will check the log for it

2017-03-08 14:59:13 GMT <AFaust> ~flushLog

2017-03-08 14:59:13 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: Woooosh, your log has been flushed...

2017-03-08 15:00:01 GMT <AFaust> Tichodroma: There is no special magic where to put the context.xml as long as it is read

2017-03-08 15:00:21 GMT <fcorti> Tech Talk Live about Search Services is going to start at the link below...

2017-03-08 15:00:23 GMT <fcorti> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u8UpgZTNFk

2017-03-08 15:01:14 GMT <AFaust> Tichodroma: I use it quite extensively myself (https://github.com/Acosix/alfresco-utility/blob/master/share/src/main/config/module-context.xml#L22) and have not seen any issues so far...

2017-03-08 15:01:15 GMT <alfbot> Title: alfresco-utility/module-context.xml at master · Acosix/alfresco-utility · GitHub (at github.com)

2017-03-08 15:04:18 GMT <kgastaldo> We've started! Presentation by Michael Suzuki on Search Services - https://youtu.be/3u8UpgZTNFk

2017-03-08 15:04:53 GMT <kgastaldo> If you have questions, please ask during the presentation. Michael will take them as we go along, rather than just at the end.

2017-03-08 15:08:48 GMT <AFaust> kgastaldo: one question for later (when all features have been covered / roadmap may be discussed) - Why was the decision made to add new features in SOLR 6 that are mostly not exposed in the standard product UI (Share) until at least the next major version?

2017-03-08 15:12:22 GMT <fcorti> AFaust, we ask this at the end... as you say

2017-03-08 15:13:34 GMT <AFaust> Does Alfresco not provide sufficiently beefy dev systems?

2017-03-08 15:14:33 GMT <fcorti> :-)

2017-03-08 15:17:31 GMT <sujaypillai> when you add 2 instances of solr6 does it come into cluster or we need to take care of it?

2017-03-08 15:17:41 GMT <fcorti> AFaust your question

2017-03-08 15:19:50 GMT <fcorti> sujaypillai your question

2017-03-08 15:21:02 GMT <sujaypillai> thanks

2017-03-08 15:21:04 GMT <sujaypillai> yup

2017-03-08 15:22:03 GMT <angelborroy> My questions from London session

2017-03-08 15:22:12 GMT <angelborroy> Is jetty recomended as app server?

2017-03-08 15:22:28 GMT <AFaust> Isn't it the "only one"?

2017-03-08 15:22:32 GMT <angelborroy> (right)

2017-03-08 15:22:39 GMT <angelborroy> for SOLR 6, it is

2017-03-08 15:22:51 GMT <angelborroy> but I think that it should be explicitelly set

2017-03-08 15:23:06 GMT <AFaust> What do you mean by "explicitly set"?

2017-03-08 15:23:06 GMT <fcorti> ok, will let them discuss it

2017-03-08 15:23:08 GMT <angelborroy> What is the upgrading procedure from SOLR 4?

2017-03-08 15:23:37 GMT <fcorti> ok

2017-03-08 15:23:45 GMT <angelborroy> Something like: “you have to use jetty to run SOLR 6, use other app containers at your own risk”

2017-03-08 15:23:50 GMT <AFaust> angelborroy: Do you mean you want support for other app serers with SOLR6?

2017-03-08 15:23:55 GMT <angelborroy> nope!

2017-03-08 15:24:13 GMT <angelborroy> just to tell the people that is not that easy to run SOLR6 with other app servers

2017-03-08 15:24:16 GMT <covolution> The decision was made by the Apache Solr community. Jetty is the only way to use Solr 6.

2017-03-08 15:24:21 GMT <angelborroy> right

2017-03-08 15:24:26 GMT <AFaust> Ah - so you don't want it "explicitly set" but "explicitly mentioned / documented"

2017-03-08 15:24:32 GMT <angelborroy> right

2017-03-08 15:24:55 GMT <fcorti> Thank you (twice) angelborroy

2017-03-08 15:25:30 GMT <covolution> I think we just think less about Jetty (perhaps not mention it). Just take Solr 6 "as-is". Its a zip file, extract it and run. Jetty is an implementation detail.

2017-03-08 15:25:51 GMT <fcorti> ehi, hi covolution

2017-03-08 15:25:52 GMT <fcorti> :-)

2017-03-08 15:26:16 GMT <angelborroy> covolution, just trying to make the life easier for the people

2017-03-08 15:26:27 GMT <angelborroy> they don’t know the information we are sharing in this IRC

2017-03-08 15:26:37 GMT <angelborroy> many people is only using SOLR because of Alfresco

2017-03-08 15:26:42 GMT <angelborroy> so they does not know about SOLR at all

2017-03-08 15:26:48 GMT <angelborroy> does > do

2017-03-08 15:27:28 GMT <bhagyas> fcorti: Can you ask them to build GraphQL support?

2017-03-08 15:27:43 GMT <fcorti> yes, will do

2017-03-08 15:27:54 GMT * AFaust can accept any switch between Java-based app servers, but if someone forces me to use node.js in production there may just be blood...

2017-03-08 15:28:10 GMT <covolution> :)

2017-03-08 15:29:26 GMT <AFaust> bhagyas: Might be worth explaining what you mean by that. I still haven't understood what you mean by that and I have a couple of days forewarning...

2017-03-08 15:29:34 GMT <sujaypillai> how can we do that if we have to execute the same query from Solr Admin panel?

2017-03-08 15:29:48 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: graphql.org

2017-03-08 15:31:52 GMT <AFaust> I did find that page alright a couple of days back, but really have seen yet how that would help in most Alfresco use cases...

2017-03-08 15:32:25 GMT <fcorti> sujaypillai is the next

2017-03-08 15:32:34 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: An example: https://graphcms.com

2017-03-08 15:32:36 GMT <alfbot> Title: GraphCMS - GraphQL based Headless Content Management System (at graphcms.com)

2017-03-08 15:33:17 GMT <AFaust> I can understand how it could be used if the entire backend was GraphQL...

2017-03-08 15:33:43 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: exposing a GraphQL endpoint would mean the platform can be open to anyone who builds Relay based web/mobile apps

2017-03-08 15:33:53 GMT <bhagyas> or non-relay

2017-03-08 15:34:04 GMT <bhagyas> which is a really neat concept

2017-03-08 15:34:39 GMT <AFaust> Yeah - but that is not a search-only question/issue which is the context I considered this in. If you extend it to the entire platform, sure

2017-03-08 15:35:06 GMT <bhagyas> yeah, it means building a the search in the front, instead of at the back of the stack

2017-03-08 15:35:21 GMT <bhagyas> basically reversing the current architecture

2017-03-08 15:36:04 GMT <bhagyas> unlike traditional queries, you can make type based queries with pagination, nesting and resolution built-in

2017-03-08 15:36:17 GMT <sujaypillai> thanks

2017-03-08 15:36:25 GMT <fcorti> (ok)

2017-03-08 15:36:29 GMT <fcorti> thanks

2017-03-08 15:37:16 GMT <AFaust> bhagyas: will also mean replacing or complementing persistence layer - I doubt that'd ever scale with current setup

2017-03-08 15:37:23 GMT <binduwavell> Any plans to allow folks to control what is stored in the content cache?

2017-03-08 15:37:32 GMT <bhagyas> AFaust: Nope! that's what's most interesting with it

2017-03-08 15:37:56 GMT <fcorti> binduwavell, yes...

2017-03-08 15:38:02 GMT <fcorti> binduwavell, will ask

2017-03-08 15:38:21 GMT <Tichodroma> AFaust: yes, it works. Thank you!

2017-03-08 15:38:23 GMT <binduwavell> Thanks @fcorti

2017-03-08 15:40:54 GMT <binduwavell> When searching for nodes with a lot of metadata, if we use the new rest API and specify a subset of properties will it still blow up the property caches with metadata we didn't ask for?

2017-03-08 15:41:16 GMT <bhagyas> binduwavell: Why'd you ask ;p

2017-03-08 15:41:48 GMT <binduwavell> For in process alfresco extensions, is there a suggested way of efficiently using the REST API?

2017-03-08 15:41:51 GMT <bhagyas> fcorti: Will there be any differences in terms of enterprise/community in search product

2017-03-08 15:41:53 GMT <AFaust> fcorti: Will there be support for schema extensions?

2017-03-08 15:42:11 GMT <AFaust> i.e. support for custom meta fields (similar to the SITE meta field)

2017-03-08 15:42:51 GMT <AFaust> forti: They are creating VASTLY more folders / files

2017-03-08 15:43:54 GMT <fcorti> bhagyas and then AFaust...

2017-03-08 15:44:25 GMT <fcorti> binduwavell ok with the answers?

2017-03-08 15:44:35 GMT <AFaust> forget my last remark - number is about the same, but the relation between number + size is vastly different

2017-03-08 15:45:48 GMT <fcorti> AFaust ok

2017-03-08 15:46:53 GMT <AFaust> ... and number of inode on actual content storage will likely be higher since it will be some large capacity storage while SOLR is a smaller, local device

2017-03-08 15:47:23 GMT * AFaust stops now...

2017-03-08 15:48:21 GMT <fcorti> question for a meetup/hackathon :-)

2017-03-08 15:51:49 GMT <sujaypillai> @covolution - would love to see your demo for the banana integration you have ;)

2017-03-08 15:52:01 GMT <angelborroy> kgastaldo again problems with the focused speaker

2017-03-08 15:52:11 GMT <sujaypillai> where is the docker part?

2017-03-08 15:52:13 GMT <sujaypillai> ohhhh

2017-03-08 15:52:16 GMT <sujaypillai>

2017-03-08 15:52:57 GMT <covolution> Harry likes doing the banana demos!

2017-03-08 15:53:01 GMT <kgastaldo> @angel - Yes, YouTube is currently ignoring all my commands ...

2017-03-08 15:53:12 GMT <sujaypillai> i mean the demo

2017-03-08 15:53:31 GMT <sujaypillai> any chances of sharing the docker-internal.alfresco.com/platform:latest (dockerfile)

2017-03-08 15:53:38 GMT <angelborroy> https://github.com/Alfresco/SearchServices/tree/master/packaging/src/docker

2017-03-08 15:53:39 GMT <alfbot> Title: SearchServices/packaging/src/docker at master · Alfresco/SearchServices · GitHub (at github.com)

2017-03-08 15:53:40 GMT <kgastaldo> https://github.com/Alfresco/SearchServices

2017-03-08 15:53:41 GMT <alfbot> Title: GitHub - Alfresco/SearchServices: Alfresco Search Services (at github.com)

2017-03-08 15:54:11 GMT <angelborroy> sujaypillai https://github.com/Alfresco/SearchServices/tree/master/packaging/src/docker

2017-03-08 15:54:12 GMT <alfbot> Title: SearchServices/packaging/src/docker at master · Alfresco/SearchServices · GitHub (at github.com)

2017-03-08 15:55:17 GMT <sujaypillai> @angelborry - i think there is a reference to some docker images which are internal

2017-03-08 15:56:05 GMT <angelborroy> openjdk:8u111-jdk-alpine

2017-03-08 15:56:06 GMT <angelborroy> ?

2017-03-08 15:56:18 GMT <SergiuV> yes

2017-03-08 15:56:21 GMT <covolution> The readme file mentions the docker build command:

2017-03-08 15:56:22 GMT <covolution> docker build --build-arg solrUrl=http://download.alfresco.com/release/community/201701-build-00015/alfresco-search-services-1.0.b.zip -t search-services:myimage .

2017-03-08 15:57:58 GMT <angelborroy> covolution that line fails

2017-03-08 15:58:06 GMT <angelborroy> the URL does not exists

2017-03-08 15:58:24 GMT <angelborroy> I think deas talked about that yesterday at twitter

2017-03-08 15:58:47 GMT <covolution> who know what the public url is to download search-services?

2017-03-08 15:59:36 GMT <yreg> angelborroy: covolution the URL works for me

2017-03-08 15:59:39 GMT <SergiuV> it worked for me, not on vpn

2017-03-08 16:00:14 GMT <yreg> covolution: is the image pushed to some public registry ? docker hub ?

2017-03-08 16:00:25 GMT <angelborroy> it seem it works, it should be my Docker

2017-03-08 16:01:08 GMT <yreg> or your bash (if you are behind proxy and do not have http_proxy set)

2017-03-08 16:01:24 GMT <covolution> that's really a question for the product managers. There are no short-term plans to push to a public registry but its been talked about.

2017-03-08 16:03:17 GMT <angelborroy> I really like this Search Service approach

2017-03-08 16:03:21 GMT <angelborroy> thanks all!

2017-03-08 16:04:32 GMT <SergiuV> thanks guys

2017-03-08 16:04:42 GMT <douglascrp> interesting TTL

2017-03-08 16:04:46 GMT <douglascrp> thank you

2017-03-08 16:07:18 GMT <fcorti> douglascrp thank you , it has been one of the most popular

2017-03-08 16:07:37 GMT <fcorti> we should repeat it soon... maybe after the Beecon

2017-03-08 16:07:39 GMT <binduwavell> Big thanks to the team for this interesting introduction!

2017-03-08 16:07:54 GMT <fcorti> binduwavell will pass your thank

2017-03-08 16:10:22 GMT <kgastaldo> Thanks everyone for coming! If you have additional questions, please post in the community

2017-03-08 16:14:44 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 16:14:53 GMT <fwu> ppl,

2017-03-08 16:15:03 GMT <fwu> im trying to connect my outllok to alfresco using imap

2017-03-08 16:15:12 GMT <fwu> outlook 2013

2017-03-08 16:15:47 GMT <fwu> i get that i connected with the server, but then the test message is throwing an error

2017-03-08 16:15:50 GMT <fwu> What can it be?

2017-03-08 16:16:27 GMT *** fcorti changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Office Hours with Thomas DeMeo about roadmap: https://youtu.be/PnMf7OK4Pt4"

2017-03-08 16:16:38 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o fcorti

2017-03-08 16:17:44 GMT <yreg> AFaust: I am using jVisualvm for sampling memory

2017-03-08 16:18:20 GMT <yreg> the tool is saying that one of my thready has allocated 103.117.000.000+ bytes

2017-03-08 16:18:48 GMT <yreg> is this a cumulative value including garbage collected data ?

2017-03-08 16:28:17 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o fcorti

2017-03-08 16:28:39 GMT *** fcorti changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Office Hours with Thomas DeMeo adn Richard Esplin about roadmap: https://youtu.be/PnMf7OK4Pt4"

2017-03-08 16:28:57 GMT *** fcorti changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com. Next event is Office Hours with Thomas DeMeo and Richard Esplin about roadmap: https://youtu.be/PnMf7OK4Pt4"

2017-03-08 16:29:04 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o fcorti

2017-03-08 16:41:42 GMT <AFaust> yreg: jvisualvm is the one I use too for most cases

2017-03-08 16:42:33 GMT <fwu> it seems I can connect to the server

2017-03-08 16:42:37 GMT <AFaust> That value should be the amount of bytes that have been allocated in total

2017-03-08 16:42:50 GMT <AFaust> regardless of GC

2017-03-08 16:43:03 GMT <fwu> but when outlook tries to send the test email it fails. After that I cant save my new connection if I get the error.

2017-03-08 16:43:08 GMT <yreg> figured so

2017-03-08 16:43:14 GMT <AFaust> Because it is next to impossible to keep track of all individual objects afterwards (would be too expensive)

2017-03-08 16:43:23 GMT <fwu> it seems I cant ignore the error from the test message and save the configurations

2017-03-08 16:43:24 GMT <yreg> but it is still too much :P

2017-03-08 16:43:34 GMT <AFaust> Not really...

2017-03-08 16:43:50 GMT <AFaust> You don't want to know how much short-lived stuff is created...

2017-03-08 16:44:15 GMT <yreg> that's a job thread for creating a csv list with some metadata+path for all documents in the repository

2017-03-08 16:44:45 GMT <AFaust> i.e. during my SOLR shard experiments on the weekend testing with G1GC details logged, I have allocated about 97 GiB in a short test burst of ~4 minutes

2017-03-08 16:44:50 GMT <yreg> if in less than 3 minutes it allocates 100+Gb in memory, then something must be wrong

2017-03-08 16:48:04 GMT <AFaust> Ok - for me it was by multiple threads...

2017-03-08 16:48:40 GMT <AFaust> I mean it is always good to try to minimise that, but it is not unheard of that 3rd party libraries may create extreme amounts of objects

2017-03-08 16:53:08 GMT <AFaust> Have you identified what the expensive objects / points of allocation are?

2017-03-08 16:54:09 GMT <yreg> Nope, how can I do that ?

2017-03-08 16:54:12 GMT <yreg> OQL ?

2017-03-08 16:54:39 GMT <AFaust> Hmm - shouldn't the sampler/profiler allow you to pinpoint that?

2017-03-08 16:54:47 GMT <AFaust> To be honest, I rarely check on a per thread-level

2017-03-08 17:02:16 GMT <yreg> jprofiler does, jvisualvm doesn't

2017-03-08 17:03:11 GMT <AFaust> Right...

2017-03-08 17:04:14 GMT <AFaust> Anyway - jvisualvm should give you a breakdown of what type of objects are created, so I usually look for feature-related class either from my code or a library, and check their numbers...

2017-03-08 17:04:29 GMT <AFaust> / bytes

2017-03-08 17:08:21 GMT <yreg> I am requesting a new jprofiler trial

2017-03-08 17:09:29 GMT <yreg> will probably end up convincing the team to by a floating license for it soon.. it is just uncomparable to any alternative free solution

2017-03-08 17:23:17 GMT <fwu> hmm

2017-03-08 17:23:33 GMT <fwu> my coonection config in alfresco for imap seems to be working as I can login using telnet

2017-03-08 17:24:34 GMT <fwu> but for some reason I cant connect from outlook 2013...at least I cant send the test message. And if the test message doesnt run fine, Im not able to save my connection in outlook. It seems this is a new beahviour in this version

2017-03-08 18:52:50 GMT <eswbitto> anyone know how to disable the activities feeds on the backend? I'm trying to cut down on cpu processes.

2017-03-08 22:52:41 GMT <eswbitto> Is there a way to find all locked files within a repository?

2017-03-08 23:01:05 GMT <AxelFaust> eswbitto: It depends on what type locks you want to include. You can certainly find all locked files that have a persistent lock via DB FTS queries...

2017-03-08 23:02:10 GMT <AxelFaust> But files which have an ephemeral lock will be hard to find unless you directly access the cache that contains those locks by circumventing the service/components responsible for handling locks...

2017-03-08 23:02:53 GMT <eswbitto> AxelFaust I'm trying to delete an old site, but I"m finding that there are still locks on files from users that I've removed from the site. I know that alfresco services restart every night, but not sure why the locks don't release.

2017-03-08 23:04:07 GMT <eswbitto> I believe that site won't delete because of the locked files.

2017-03-08 23:10:01 GMT <AxelFaust> yes, that is a typical problem

2017-03-08 23:33:55 GMT <eswbitto> AxelFaust the session times by default are 60 minutes. Which I've changed to 4 hours....When a session time is up does that also release a lock on a file? I'm finding a lot of users opening a file for editing and just leaving it open.

2017-03-08 23:34:18 GMT <AxelFaust> Locks are not tied to the HTTP session

2017-03-08 23:34:40 GMT <AxelFaust> Ephemeral locks are eliminated when the system is restarted.

2017-03-08 23:35:03 GMT <AxelFaust> Persistent locks must be explicitly removed unless they have been set with a timeout

2017-03-08 23:37:09 GMT <eswbitto> I take it that when you edit online its considered a Persistent lock?

2017-03-08 23:44:33 GMT <AxelFaust> It used to be - I haven't actually checked if that changed with AOS.

2017-03-08 23:44:53 GMT <AxelFaust> Also, it may depend on the Office version being used because they request different types of locks

2017-03-08 23:45:02 GMT <AxelFaust> i.e. read vs. write vs. "shared"

End of Daily Log

The other logs are at http://esplins.org/hash_alfresco