Daily Log for #alfresco IRC Channel

Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question.

Official support for Enterprise subscribers: support.alfresco.com.

Joining the Channel:

Join in the conversation by getting an IRC client and connecting to #alfresco at Freenode. Our you can use the IRC web chat.

More information about the channel is in the wiki.

Getting Help

More help is available in this list of resources.

Daily Log for #alfresco

2017-09-22 00:01:53 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 48 minutes ago: <AFaust> It hasn't gone unnoticed...

2017-09-22 00:01:54 GMT <alfbot> resplin: Sent 39 minutes ago: <AFaust> Does it even make sense for you to still join if you are running that late?

2017-09-22 00:02:13 GMT <resplin> It's never too late to join a hack-a-thon!

2017-09-22 00:36:25 GMT <resplin> Sleep well AFaust. See you in a few hours!

2017-09-22 01:24:09 GMT <sujaypillai> Hello Everyone

2017-09-22 01:24:32 GMT <sujaypillai> Hi @RoyAtAlfresco - are you on google hangout?

2017-09-22 01:28:40 GMT <resplin> Welcome sujaypillai!

2017-09-22 01:29:00 GMT <resplin> We are using a Zoom meeting this year, because it doesn't have such a low limit.

2017-09-22 01:29:06 GMT <sujaypillai> Hey Good Evening @resplin

2017-09-22 01:29:11 GMT <resplin> https://zoom.us/j/240876266

2017-09-22 01:29:12 GMT <alfbot> Title: Unsupported Operating System - Zoom (at zoom.us)

2017-09-22 01:31:30 GMT <sujaypillai> ok thanks

2017-09-22 04:04:38 GMT <Kintu> ADF chat component development has been started @ContCentric :)

2017-09-22 04:16:36 GMT <sujaypillai> hello @Kintu

2017-09-22 04:17:10 GMT <sujaypillai> you may join the zoom meeting here - https://zoom.us/j/240876266

2017-09-22 04:17:11 GMT <alfbot> Title: Unsupported Operating System - Zoom (at zoom.us)

2017-09-22 04:21:43 GMT <Kintu> Ok

2017-09-22 04:22:11 GMT <Kintu> Thanks

2017-09-22 05:21:04 GMT *** Rahul is now known as Guest23752

2017-09-22 05:21:05 GMT <Kintu> Welcome Rahul

2017-09-22 05:21:18 GMT <Guest23752> Hi Kintu, We are sitting alongside :)

2017-09-22 05:29:38 GMT <fcorti> Hello guys

2017-09-22 05:29:55 GMT <fcorti> How things are going?

2017-09-22 05:31:28 GMT <sujaypillai> back after lunch

2017-09-22 05:31:43 GMT <sujaypillai> roy too is out

2017-09-22 05:32:10 GMT <sujaypillai> right now i m the only one in meeting room

2017-09-22 05:36:36 GMT <fcorti> Let me grab a coffe and I'll join

2017-09-22 06:11:00 GMT <angelborroy> morning

2017-09-22 06:11:12 GMT <Kin-ContCentric> Hi Good Morning

2017-09-22 06:11:16 GMT <angelborroy> I’ll be at hacker room in 1 hour or so

2017-09-22 06:11:26 GMT <angelborroy> I want to test Content Craft now

2017-09-22 06:11:33 GMT <angelborroy> instructions available?

2017-09-22 06:11:47 GMT <sujaypillai> you may join the zoom meeting here - https://zoom.us/j/240876266

2017-09-22 06:11:48 GMT <alfbot> Title: Unsupported Operating System - Zoom (at zoom.us)

2017-09-22 06:12:03 GMT <sujaypillai> i need to check the chat

2017-09-22 06:12:10 GMT <sujaypillai> where roy left the message

2017-09-22 06:14:19 GMT <AFaust> Good morning everyone...

2017-09-22 06:14:35 GMT <fcorti> Morning AFaust

2017-09-22 06:15:41 GMT <Kin-ContCentric> Good Morning Axel

2017-09-22 06:15:45 GMT <AFaust> I'll re-join the fray after a quick breakfast - just wanted to see how many people are already here...

2017-09-22 06:16:21 GMT <sujaypillai> Hey @AFaust

2017-09-22 06:16:24 GMT <sujaypillai> Good Morning

2017-09-22 06:16:33 GMT <angelborroy> AFaust can you paste Content Craft instructions here?

2017-09-22 06:16:37 GMT <angelborroy> I would like to test it

2017-09-22 06:16:52 GMT <angelborroy> and Zoom chat history is not available

2017-09-22 06:16:58 GMT <sujaypillai> 3 in the meeting room & people from ContCentric

2017-09-22 06:17:47 GMT <AFaust> angelborroy. You'll need Minecraft 1.12.1 (current version is 1.12.2)

2017-09-22 06:17:56 GMT <angelborroy> I have it

2017-09-22 06:18:06 GMT <angelborroy> ah, sorry

2017-09-22 06:18:13 GMT <angelborroy> so i need the previous one

2017-09-22 06:18:14 GMT <AFaust> Alfresco server is on http://ec2-52-62-132-39.ap-southeast-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/share

2017-09-22 06:18:16 GMT <alfbot> Title: Alfresco » Login (at ec2-52-62-132-39.ap-southeast-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080)

2017-09-22 06:18:24 GMT <AFaust> Use the default credentials to login

2017-09-22 06:18:48 GMT <angelborroy> and Spigot server?

2017-09-22 06:19:09 GMT <AFaust> Create a new site, a folder structure at most two levels deep and content files as plain text

2017-09-22 06:19:36 GMT <AFaust> I believe the Minecraft server also runs on that host.

2017-09-22 06:20:01 GMT <angelborroy> ok

2017-09-22 06:20:19 GMT <angelborroy> I’m trying

2017-09-22 06:20:23 GMT <angelborroy> thanks

2017-09-22 06:20:41 GMT <AFaust> Hmm - trying to find the Zoom chat logs to check that...

2017-09-22 06:21:28 GMT <angelborroy> the Zoom chat has no history

2017-09-22 06:22:03 GMT <AFaust> Yeah. There is a log directory in my LocalRoaming folder for Zoom, but it is empty

2017-09-22 06:22:39 GMT <angelborroy> Is the first time I play Minecraft

2017-09-22 06:22:45 GMT <angelborroy> :)

2017-09-22 06:22:46 GMT <AFaust> Though I have the server saved as a server in my Minecraft client. I could start it and manually copy the address from it.

2017-09-22 06:23:10 GMT <angelborroy> I have to put the server in “Options…”?

2017-09-22 06:23:18 GMT <AFaust> When you are connected to the server, you can use the following nconsole command to build the structure for your site:

2017-09-22 06:23:27 GMT <AFaust> "/build site <siteName>"

2017-09-22 06:23:51 GMT <AFaust> You have to chose "Multiplayer"

2017-09-22 06:23:59 GMT <angelborroy> ok

2017-09-22 06:24:01 GMT <angelborroy> add server

2017-09-22 06:24:13 GMT <AFaust> Right - add server + join server

2017-09-22 06:24:44 GMT <sujaypillai> Hey @AFaust do you know what setting to tweak for JMX connection for an Alfresco server on AWS

2017-09-22 06:24:49 GMT <sujaypillai> i get this error - [org.alfresco.web.scripts.servlet.X509ServletFilterBase] clientAuth does not appear to be set for Tomcat. clientAuth must be set to 'want' for X509 Authentication

2017-09-22 06:25:10 GMT <AFaust> Again, I'll join Zoom once done with my breakfast. I can then join the Minecraft server as well and show you a bit around (as far as I know ContentCraft)

2017-09-22 06:25:53 GMT <angelborroy> yep, I’m in

2017-09-22 06:25:57 GMT <angelborroy> thanks AFaust

2017-09-22 06:26:02 GMT <angelborroy> go and have a breakfast

2017-09-22 06:26:41 GMT <AFaust> sujaypillai: That is not necessarily an error - ttere is a startup logic in Alfresco Repository + SOLR that is sort-of hard-coded to switch the clientAuth flag to "want", but that doesn't deal at all with custom configurations of the Tomcat connectors in server.xml

2017-09-22 06:27:13 GMT <AFaust> AFAIK I think it tries to lookup connector for 8443 and switch it, but in all my systems I never have a 8443 connector, so it always fails.

2017-09-22 06:27:45 GMT <AFaust> The error only means you'll have to ensure yourself that the connectors are correctly set for your specific SOLR / SSL setup

2017-09-22 06:29:34 GMT <sujaypillai> ok… so i just have to add the connector port=“8443” settings in server.xml

2017-09-22 06:36:27 GMT <angelborroy> AFaust hooray, I’ve my site created at Minecraft!

2017-09-22 06:36:47 GMT <angelborroy> Now I have to learn how to fly to go up and explore it :)

2017-09-22 06:36:58 GMT <angelborroy> It will be later

2017-09-22 06:41:56 GMT <tfdsimoes> B) good morning and lets start the code flow

2017-09-22 06:42:28 GMT <fcorti> Good morning and happy coding

2017-09-22 07:13:09 GMT <stefankopf> morning everybody

2017-09-22 07:14:01 GMT <andreiR> Hello Stefan!

2017-09-22 07:14:27 GMT <AlexandruE> Morning :)

2017-09-22 07:15:34 GMT <yreg> Morning everyone

2017-09-22 07:29:39 GMT <bmejias> Hi all.... greetings from the Hacker room in Brussels

2017-09-22 07:42:46 GMT *** hobzalud is now known as OstravaHackaton

2017-09-22 07:44:15 GMT <fcorti> Good morning bmejias

2017-09-22 07:44:57 GMT <ohej> Good morning!

2017-09-22 07:45:17 GMT <tfdsimoes> where i can get a doll like the one of CRIB-Xenit - zoom chat ?

2017-09-22 07:46:02 GMT <bmejias> tfdsimoes you have to ask the all mighty ohej

2017-09-22 07:47:00 GMT <bmejias> she knows a woman from Valhalla that can make them

2017-09-22 07:48:01 GMT <angelborroy> spigot minecraft server is down :(

2017-09-22 07:48:11 GMT <angelborroy> ok, let’s start to work serious :)

2017-09-22 07:52:41 GMT <bmejias> there is a girl in the room

2017-09-22 07:52:50 GMT <bmejias> but she doesn't want to appear on the video

2017-09-22 07:55:25 GMT <OstravaHackaton> Hello from Ostrava

2017-09-22 07:55:50 GMT <fcorti> Welcome OstravaHackaton

2017-09-22 07:56:27 GMT <OstravaHackaton> we will start with hackaton from 1 PM CEST

2017-09-22 08:03:58 GMT <fcorti> OstravaHackaton nice, feel free to join us at https://zoom.us/j/240876266

2017-09-22 08:03:59 GMT <alfbot> Title: Unsupported Operating System - Zoom (at zoom.us)

2017-09-22 08:15:58 GMT *** Alfresco is now known as OstravaHackathon

2017-09-22 08:16:21 GMT <qwebirc92957> Hello guys

2017-09-22 08:19:16 GMT <fcorti> Morning qwebirc92957

2017-09-22 08:23:27 GMT <resplin> I tried to stay up until Eastern Europe joined the hack-a-thon, but I just couldn't make it.

2017-09-22 08:25:34 GMT <bmejias> hi resplin

2017-09-22 08:25:56 GMT <bmejias> question to all, is there already an initiative for Alfresco GDPR?

2017-09-22 08:26:11 GMT *** mikeh is now known as mhatfield

2017-09-22 08:27:40 GMT <resplin> Initiatives by Alfresco corporate?

2017-09-22 08:27:52 GMT <resplin> The short answer is "lots". But I'm curious what you want to know about.

2017-09-22 08:28:32 GMT <resplin> Alfresco today is being deployed in GDPR solutions, and our marketing team is working on how to better explain how we can be used in those environments.

2017-09-22 08:29:15 GMT <resplin> From an engineering perspective, we don't think product changes are necessary for initial compliance. But helping with GDPR compliance issues are a key driver behind future roadmap requirements.

2017-09-22 08:33:51 GMT <AFaust> MarkTielemans: Quick question - did/will Sandra join you on the project today?

2017-09-22 08:34:43 GMT <MTielemans> AFaust, sort of. She wasn´t sure how much time she could dedicate today. I don´t think she´s actively working on a hackathon project right now.

2017-09-22 08:34:47 GMT <bmejias> resplin more a question in terms of "anyone" doing anything regarding that

2017-09-22 08:35:13 GMT <bmejias> we have a colleague here that wants to mask user data when restoring production backup for testing

2017-09-22 08:35:33 GMT <bmejias> that kind of stuffs would be already useful

2017-09-22 08:37:43 GMT <AFaust> MTielemans: Ok, my visit to her offices was before her vacation and at that time she was planning for active participation most of the time I believe. But they do have some work on their plate at the moment with regards to potential future Alfresco projects, so I could understand what might interfere with the plan to attend...

2017-09-22 08:37:43 GMT <bmejias> regarding the hackathon, are we mostly using the IRC to chat text or the zoom client?

2017-09-22 08:39:10 GMT <mbui> Is there a "personal" calendar dashlet OOTB in alfresco? (The site calender doesn't meet the requirements)

2017-09-22 08:39:14 GMT <AFaust> bmejias: I would say both, though I'd use Zoom primarily for stuff that comes up during spoken conversation, i.e. quick links, and IRC for complex stuff, e.g. helping with some technical issues

2017-09-22 08:39:27 GMT <AFaust> Benefit of IRC - as always - is that it is being logged and archived.

2017-09-22 08:39:34 GMT <resplin> bmejias: Oh, that's an interesting idea.

2017-09-22 08:39:34 GMT <bmejias> OK

2017-09-22 08:39:55 GMT <AFaust> Zoom does not have persistent history, which I already found out this morning trying to help angelborroy with connecting to Roy's ContentCraft server

2017-09-22 08:40:08 GMT <bmejias> resplin, yes, he just came up with that this morning, but I thought someone else could be working on that too

2017-09-22 08:40:33 GMT <resplin> Yes, I'm interested to hear what other people are doing.

2017-09-22 08:40:41 GMT <bmejias> AFaust, oh I see... and it's everyone muted at the moment in Zoom?

2017-09-22 08:40:46 GMT <bmejias> Cause I don't hear anything

2017-09-22 08:40:54 GMT <AFaust> mbui: No, there isn't, because there is no "personal" calendar page in general.

2017-09-22 08:40:55 GMT <resplin> mbui: Why would you want to store a personal calendar in Alfresco, instead of in a real calendar application?

2017-09-22 08:41:04 GMT <resplin> You can embed the calendar UI into Share as an iframe.

2017-09-22 08:41:23 GMT <AFaust> bmejias: Yes, everyone is muted right now. Courtesy to not bother people with background noise is alive and well in the hack-a-thon...

2017-09-22 08:42:10 GMT <AFaust> I already gave fcorti a friendly rubbing yesterday evening about him sounding like he was murdering his keyboard...

2017-09-22 08:42:19 GMT <bmejias> hahaha

2017-09-22 08:42:22 GMT <resplin> I won't be joining the video until after lunch. I have a couple of meetings I wasn't able to avoid if we want to get out an October release of Alfresco Community Edition.

2017-09-22 08:42:34 GMT <fcorti> I broke the space .... lol

2017-09-22 08:42:42 GMT <bmejias> AFaust I'm going to play music on my desktop now, but I surely don't want to broadcast like last time

2017-09-22 08:42:57 GMT <bmejias> can you guys check I'm not radio-broadcasting?

2017-09-22 08:43:05 GMT <AFaust> Not hearing anything right now...

2017-09-22 08:43:07 GMT <MTielemans> you´re muted atm

2017-09-22 08:43:11 GMT <mbui> resplin: Alfrescos embedded activiti is used a lot in our customization and every time a task is assigned to a user they want it to create an event in their calendar (so they can export/sync it probably)

2017-09-22 08:43:31 GMT <bmejias> thanks MTielemans, but last time somehow the sound from the player went through anyway

2017-09-22 08:43:45 GMT <resplin> mbui: That makes sense. You want a task calendar.

2017-09-22 08:43:50 GMT <MTielemans> Nightmare stuff

2017-09-22 08:44:02 GMT <AFaust> mbui, resplin: I had those kind of requests from customers in the past, and it is not so far fetched to want a personal calendar in Share.

2017-09-22 08:44:35 GMT <resplin> mbui: The product doesn't do that today, and it is likely we move away from having any sort of calendar in the future and instead make it easy to use separate Activiti so that you can integrate with any calendar.

2017-09-22 08:44:45 GMT <AFaust> And it's not just for Activiti-based processes, but also metadata-based "lightweight" processes, e.g. where a state change / deadline on a document creates a "reminder" in your personal calendar.

2017-09-22 08:45:04 GMT <resplin> The closest we have is the tasks dashlet.

2017-09-22 08:45:13 GMT <AFaust> Sure, you could query everything ad-hoc, but that would mean you'd have to have a very complex query, since the dates could come from many sources / constellations

2017-09-22 08:48:24 GMT <resplin> Exactly. And storing calendar events is not really the repo's competence. It's much more of an Activiti thing.

2017-09-22 08:52:20 GMT <AFaust> resplin: ... can't really follow that line of reasoning. Sure, the action to store it must be triggered from the process engine, but Activiti itself should not store such data since it only handles process / task instances

2017-09-22 08:53:26 GMT <resplin> The list of tasks assigned to a user, not a generic list of calendar events.

2017-09-22 08:53:52 GMT <qwebirc57232> hello

2017-09-22 08:54:30 GMT <AFaust> resplin: Ok, so you are still referring to the (very) narrow use case of only dealing with Activiti-based date information like task due dates...

2017-09-22 08:59:53 GMT <resplin> qwebirc57232: Welcome!

2017-09-22 09:00:28 GMT <resplin> AFaust: Yes. I don't think our content repo is the right place to store generic dates either. It's possible, but it seems like a dedicated calendar application would be more appropriate.

2017-09-22 09:35:12 GMT <MartinMueller> @Axel, Stefan which community version you using again?

2017-09-22 09:39:12 GMT <yreg> MartinMueller, I think it should be in the pom

2017-09-22 09:39:39 GMT <yreg> in any case you should probably be using his nick @AFaust

2017-09-22 09:39:51 GMT <yreg> so that he gets alerted for your message

2017-09-22 09:39:57 GMT <MartinMueller> right thanks :)

2017-09-22 09:40:00 GMT <AFaust> I am using 201707 GA (just updated my local setup yesterday)

2017-09-22 09:40:41 GMT <AFaust> And using Search Services 1.1.0 with it, but I think using the SOLR 4 of that GA version would also be fine

2017-09-22 09:41:07 GMT <yreg> resplin, I really hate the new version numbering Scheme in release notes

2017-09-22 09:41:23 GMT <yreg> I would rather like the old numbering scheme + GA/EA

2017-09-22 09:41:43 GMT <yreg> this year-month thing is creating a lot of confusion, not only to new comers

2017-09-22 09:41:46 GMT <AFaust> As with every hack-a-thon, it is only a matter of time before I go debugging into Alfresco code because some behaviour I was very familiar with appears to have changed for no apparent reason

2017-09-22 09:42:09 GMT <AFaust> yreg: What other version label would you use instead?

2017-09-22 09:42:37 GMT <yreg> 5.2.g-GA

2017-09-22 09:42:40 GMT <AFaust> The only alternative is to say: I am using Repository 5.2.g, Share 5.2.f, Aikau version xx.yy, ....

2017-09-22 09:43:07 GMT <yreg> 5.2.g

2017-09-22 09:43:08 GMT <AFaust> There is no global 5.2.g-GA due to the split of the components

2017-09-22 09:43:18 GMT <AFaust> i.e. there is currently no Share 5.2.g

2017-09-22 09:43:52 GMT <AFaust> And all of the libraries / JARs inside the Repository / Share all have very different versions too, i.e. alfresco-data-model-6.something..

2017-09-22 09:44:52 GMT <AFaust> Unless Alfresco stops providing pre-bundled downloads, they will need to have some independent identifier to refer to that specific bundling...

2017-09-22 09:45:52 GMT <AFaust> At least I can't think of a different labeling scheme that would not cause problems for other people - so in the end we might just be shifting around the confusion like a game of hot potato

2017-09-22 09:46:42 GMT <AFaust> yreg: Don't get me wrong - I too have my problems with the labeling, but in other areas (Maven artifacts mess)

2017-09-22 11:28:40 GMT <AFaust> Quick reminder to everyone: Please update the projects & teams page to indicate which projects really got worked on. It also helps to list those that did the work, so that we can contact you for the demo at next Office Hours. If possible, include links to the project results at the end of the day, e.g. to the GitHub repository that you used, the documentation you updated or a downloadable extension...

2017-09-22 11:28:55 GMT <AFaust> We continue to use https://community.alfresco.com/docs/DOC-7046-projects-and-teams-global-virtual-hack-a-thon-2017 for this

2017-09-22 11:28:58 GMT <alfbot> Title: Projects and Teams Global Virtual Hack-a-thon 2017 | Alfresco Community (at community.alfresco.com)

2017-09-22 11:39:35 GMT *** DragiBus_ is now known as DragiBus

2017-09-22 11:40:58 GMT <douglascrp> morning everyone

2017-09-22 11:41:19 GMT <douglascrp> I won't be able to participate today, but I hope you all enjoy the day

2017-09-22 11:46:19 GMT *** DragiBus_ is now known as DragiBus

2017-09-22 11:51:07 GMT <Kin-ContCentric> Enjoying small but crucial achievements #ADF chat Component

2017-09-22 11:53:42 GMT <bmejias> fcorti you should encourage them

2017-09-22 11:54:07 GMT <bmejias> if they want to work 7, 8 hours please encourage them

2017-09-22 11:55:05 GMT <fcorti> Done!

2017-09-22 11:55:06 GMT <fcorti> :-)

2017-09-22 11:55:16 GMT <bmejias> thanks fcorti

2017-09-22 11:55:18 GMT <bmejias> :D

2017-09-22 11:55:27 GMT <fcorti> Thank tothem, honestly

2017-09-22 11:56:55 GMT <bmejias> cool... hacking from the airport...

2017-09-22 12:07:00 GMT <resplin> yreg: AFaust summarizes the problem well. I don't know how else to communicate a bundle of all the various components.

2017-09-22 12:07:13 GMT <resplin> If you have a suggestion for a better way, please offer it. Internal people also find it confusing.

2017-09-22 12:08:53 GMT <yreg> resplin

2017-09-22 12:09:07 GMT <yreg> is is as easy as re-aligning versions with next major

2017-09-22 12:09:14 GMT <yreg> *it

2017-09-22 12:17:02 GMT <Kin-ContCentric> parts are almost ready....#ADF chat component

2017-09-22 12:17:54 GMT <fcorti> Well done, thank you for the update Kin-ContCentric

2017-09-22 12:19:34 GMT <Kin-ContCentric> Thanks @fcorti

2017-09-22 12:27:51 GMT *** rgauss_ is now known as rgauss

2017-09-22 12:29:14 GMT <resplin> yreg: One of the advantages to decoupling the version numbers is that we don't have to rev the version numbers when there isn't a significant change.

2017-09-22 12:29:41 GMT <resplin> So when we make minor fixes, we can "backport" them to old customers in service packs simply by re-releasing the library instead of producing hot-fixes.

2017-09-22 12:29:48 GMT <resplin> It should significantly reduce our maintenance burden.

2017-09-22 12:29:55 GMT <resplin> So it isn't as simple as it appears at first.

2017-09-22 12:31:55 GMT <yreg> resplin, not really convinced but sometimes it gets really confusing with years/months references

2017-09-22 12:32:35 GMT <yreg> I would even prefer introducing a new version for the combination Alfresco Platform, Alfresco Share, ...

2017-09-22 12:33:18 GMT <yreg> in other words, I would be way happier with 3 different versions of the same scheme but different numbers

2017-09-22 12:35:48 GMT <yreg> as in if share releases separately, platform releases separately and the combination (& co) gets released separately but would adopt the major.minor.iteration scheme without having to follow share nor platform but on a different release cycle

2017-09-22 12:37:40 GMT <yreg> I would just require/prefer that the combination follows the same highest major release (or even major.minor)

2017-09-22 12:39:39 GMT <resplin> Sounds like a great plan. Lets call the new version for the bundle 201707!

2017-09-22 12:39:41 GMT <resplin> grin

2017-09-22 12:40:27 GMT <resplin> yreg: That was my reasoning.

2017-09-22 12:40:40 GMT <resplin> So I'm a bit surprised that people find it confusing.

2017-09-22 12:41:35 GMT <resplin> I'm not questioning the confusion, I'm just trying to better understand.

2017-09-22 12:42:50 GMT <yreg> resplin, what I meant is the following : if Alfresco is at version 5.2.a and share is at version 5.1.g we do not call it 2016XX-GA, we rather call it 5.2.a-GA

2017-09-22 12:43:27 GMT <yreg> sorry 5.2.a-EA (not GA)

2017-09-22 12:44:21 GMT <yreg> if platform follows up with a new release, while share has nothing new, then 5.2.b-EA which would include platform 5.2.a & share 5.2.a

2017-09-22 12:44:50 GMT <resplin> You don't find it confusing to have Share 5.1.g in a release called 5.2.a?

2017-09-22 12:44:56 GMT <yreg> resplin the idea is to have direct reference to the code line without having to do some googling

2017-09-22 12:45:00 GMT <resplin> The UI most users see would say 5.1.g.

2017-09-22 12:45:38 GMT <resplin> Google would still be required for users to figure out what version of Share relates to the version of the bundle. It doesn't actually solve the problem.

2017-09-22 12:45:58 GMT <resplin> The best fix would be to change the UI in Share to report the name of the bundle, but that raises its own set of problems.

2017-09-22 12:46:09 GMT <yreg> resplin I find more confusing to have platform 5.2.a released as GA as part of the share 5.1.g release

2017-09-22 12:47:07 GMT <resplin> You find it confusing to have the 5.2.x family of the repo work with the 5.1.x family of Share?

2017-09-22 12:47:56 GMT <yreg> no I find it confusing to have an early iteration of platform released as a GA

2017-09-22 12:48:19 GMT <yreg> within the release process of share 5.1.x

2017-09-22 12:48:58 GMT <resplin> I don't understand. There is no "release process of Share 5.1.x".

2017-09-22 12:49:20 GMT <resplin> Each individual project releases whenever they choose. They don't release together.

2017-09-22 12:49:53 GMT <resplin> Once a month, we pull the latest versions of all those components that work together, and decide if it is GA quality or EA quality.

2017-09-22 12:50:07 GMT <resplin> Then we write it all up and communicate it on a single page, and make it easy for people to download it together.

2017-09-22 12:50:17 GMT <resplin> We are decoupling our teams. It's a change in culture.

2017-09-22 12:50:53 GMT <yreg> I would expect share / alfresco to be somewhat capable of working without major issues with next/prev release of the other webapp (so if share 5.3.d gets released in combination with platform 5.4.f I would expect it to work with platform releases 5.4.e-g in a somewhat stable way)

2017-09-22 12:52:44 GMT <yreg> resplin what you said sounds good, but I would prefer having a major.minor.iteration-quality for the combination

2017-09-22 12:53:09 GMT <yreg> rather than having months and years

2017-09-22 12:54:20 GMT <resplin> Having a major.minor.iteration label for the bundle doesn't seem to help the fundamental problem of how people map what they are using to the bundle they downloaded.

2017-09-22 12:59:19 GMT <yreg> I see what you mean

2017-09-22 12:59:49 GMT <yreg> but still ... I do not like YYYYMM

2017-09-22 13:01:55 GMT <nicdoye> It's a bit like Ubuntu's versioning. They release 17.04, but all the .deb packages have their own version. I think it's the only sensible way. Even if it is a breaking change (from an end user or admin's point of view).

2017-09-22 13:02:21 GMT <yreg> last time I referred a junior dev to latest stable Alfresco release, he thought/assumed that alfresco got released/built 201,707 times

2017-09-22 13:05:15 GMT <nicdoye> Lololol

2017-09-22 13:09:03 GMT <nicdoye> I think a simple way to list components and versions would be good. (I do this for projects made up of multiple components, just for my own sanity).

2017-09-22 13:11:52 GMT <nicdoye> It would also be cool if someone maintained a web page showing the matrix of products in a release.

2017-09-22 13:14:03 GMT <yreg> nicdoye, +1

2017-09-22 13:15:49 GMT <yreg> will see if I can reserve some time to do this in the next few weeks

2017-09-22 13:20:30 GMT <resplin> nicdoye: We do. It's the monthly release notes.

2017-09-22 13:21:30 GMT <resplin> JIRA also shows it. Each release in JIRA says what bundle it was first included in.

2017-09-22 13:22:23 GMT <bmejias> hehehe.... the topic at the hacker room in Brussels is getting... how to say... odd

2017-09-22 13:22:42 GMT <bmejias> we started talking about insurance companies....

2017-09-22 13:23:16 GMT <resplin> yreg: A single common number is going to become less important as we move away from having a bundle installer and instead start shipping containers.

2017-09-22 13:23:16 GMT <bmejias> and it derived into what kind of things... ehem, parts, that can get insured.

2017-09-22 13:26:03 GMT <bmejias> I just got a warning here for sharing the conversation

2017-09-22 13:26:18 GMT <resplin> There isn't any HR person in this room to object.

2017-09-22 13:29:03 GMT <bmejias> fcorti how many people do we have connected

2017-09-22 13:29:05 GMT <bmejias> ?

2017-09-22 13:29:59 GMT <tfdsimoes> boris update the state of the "cluster" xD

2017-09-22 13:30:14 GMT <bmejias> tfdsimoes they removed the empty boxes

2017-09-22 13:30:17 GMT <tfdsimoes> pizzas ...

2017-09-22 13:30:26 GMT <bmejias> we have only one box left, half full

2017-09-22 13:30:50 GMT <bmejias> (note the positive half that we mentioned)

2017-09-22 13:33:50 GMT <bmejias> Thomas here just said: "One never has too much Pizza"

2017-09-22 13:34:11 GMT <bmejias> that's actually our motto here at the hacker room @Brussels

2017-09-22 13:59:21 GMT <fcorti> bmejias agree

2017-09-22 14:00:49 GMT <bmejias> fcorti, Cristina here wants to see the picture

2017-09-22 14:01:02 GMT <bmejias> Another Cristina by the way, not the famous Cristina Martin

2017-09-22 14:01:14 GMT <fcorti> let me share the pictures in a public folder

2017-09-22 14:01:18 GMT <bmejias> This Cristina is much more shy, she doesn't even want to appear on the video.

2017-09-22 14:01:20 GMT <bmejias> check this

2017-09-22 14:01:29 GMT <fcorti> come on Cristina

2017-09-22 14:01:37 GMT <bmejias> well, she just say hi.

2017-09-22 14:01:49 GMT <fcorti> if me, BOriss and other bunch of guys appear in the photo

2017-09-22 14:01:52 GMT <fcorti> you ca do it

2017-09-22 14:01:52 GMT <bmejias> is there a public folder on the zoom stuff?

2017-09-22 14:01:58 GMT <fcorti> nope

2017-09-22 14:02:07 GMT <bmejias> and where is it?

2017-09-22 14:02:13 GMT <fcorti> google

2017-09-22 14:02:15 GMT <fcorti> drive

2017-09-22 14:02:18 GMT <fcorti> ;-)

2017-09-22 14:04:46 GMT <fcorti> Probably I'm distracting you from the goal of the development, doing this

2017-09-22 14:04:52 GMT <fcorti> but it's Cristina's fault ;-)

2017-09-22 14:04:53 GMT <fcorti> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B301bJQQHUiBbkU4anVhRmlwZmM

2017-09-22 14:04:54 GMT <alfbot> Title: 2017 Alfresco Virtual Global Hackathon - Google Drive (at drive.google.com)

2017-09-22 14:16:35 GMT <AFaust> ....and now it's gone

2017-09-22 14:16:40 GMT <AFaust> I was just looking at the screenshots

2017-09-22 14:16:54 GMT <AFaust> Feel like having the rug pulled out under me

2017-09-22 14:38:22 GMT <OstravaHackathon> Kristen & Francesco: Thank you for all stuff (glasses, pens and so on) provided by Alfresco ;-)

2017-09-22 14:45:55 GMT <fcorti_> OstravaHackathon cool

2017-09-22 14:46:13 GMT <MartinMueller> @AFaust do you have a skype account?

2017-09-22 14:46:13 GMT <fcorti_> Thank you for joining the hackathon and... thanks Alfresco

2017-09-22 15:12:15 GMT <bmejias> guys.... we are leaving...

2017-09-22 15:12:29 GMT <yreg> I will re-join later

2017-09-22 15:12:32 GMT <bmejias> we will probably send you a message from the pub

2017-09-22 15:15:17 GMT <tfdsimoes> angel went for coffee :) 1 minute for keensoft

2017-09-22 15:40:22 GMT <tfdsimoes> fcorti :D today is a good day for some news about BeeCon ?

2017-09-22 15:44:17 GMT <fcorti_> tfdsimoes did you here Richard?

2017-09-22 15:45:41 GMT <tfdsimoes> :( no

2017-09-22 15:46:52 GMT <fwu> hi all!

2017-09-22 15:48:47 GMT <tfdsimoes> fcorti no :(

2017-09-22 18:36:57 GMT <resplin> xkahn: Did you remember that today is the hack-a-thon?

2017-09-22 18:37:25 GMT <resplin> You can join the video feed if you want to join the group.

2017-09-22 18:37:35 GMT <resplin> (That goes for everyone, not just xkahn.)

2017-09-22 18:37:56 GMT <resplin> cc mmccarthy douglascrp

2017-09-22 18:38:04 GMT * resplin can't remember who else is in this hemisphere.

2017-09-22 18:38:25 GMT <douglascrp> resplin, hey

2017-09-22 18:38:35 GMT <douglascrp> unfortunately, I could not attend today

2017-09-22 18:38:51 GMT <douglascrp> and I am leaving in a few minutes too...

2017-09-22 18:39:16 GMT <resplin> Leaving work for a vacation?

2017-09-22 18:39:23 GMT <douglascrp> traveling

2017-09-22 18:39:26 GMT <resplin> That might be even more fun than a hack-a-thon . . .

2017-09-22 18:39:29 GMT <douglascrp> visiting my parents

2017-09-22 18:39:39 GMT <douglascrp> not vacation, as I work from anywhere :D

2017-09-22 18:39:46 GMT <resplin> Ah, important family duties. I guess you get a pass then. grin

2017-09-22 18:39:47 GMT <douglascrp> visit them, and work from there

2017-09-22 18:39:54 GMT <douglascrp> yep

2017-09-22 18:40:09 GMT <douglascrp> I have to finish something, and I am going to pack things

2017-09-22 18:40:21 GMT <resplin> We had a load of people from Europe in the room a few hours back. Now it's pretty quiet.

2017-09-22 18:40:31 GMT <resplin> Not too many from our half of the world joined today.

2017-09-22 18:40:45 GMT <douglascrp> I can speak from Brazil... no one from here besides me

2017-09-22 18:40:58 GMT <douglascrp> that is a shame

2017-09-22 18:41:04 GMT <douglascrp> then people complain

2017-09-22 18:41:05 GMT <resplin> You make a fine representative of your entire country!

2017-09-22 18:41:20 GMT <douglascrp> I wish I could do better, but I can'ty

2017-09-22 18:41:23 GMT <douglascrp> can't

2017-09-22 18:41:33 GMT <resplin> I was really happy with how many Alfresco engineers joined earlier.

2017-09-22 18:41:44 GMT <douglascrp> it should be more frequent

2017-09-22 18:41:56 GMT <douglascrp> then if one can not attend one day, maybe he can in the other

2017-09-22 18:42:33 GMT <resplin> That would be ideal, but it is hard to pull the Alfresco experts (both in and out of the company) away from their other responsabilities.

2017-09-22 18:42:55 GMT <douglascrp> yes, I understand

2017-09-22 18:43:14 GMT <resplin> There was some news today.

2017-09-22 18:43:16 GMT <douglascrp> I tried to plan ahead of time, but I got some problems on the last one and a half week

2017-09-22 18:43:22 GMT <douglascrp> really?

2017-09-22 18:43:27 GMT <douglascrp> I could not even follow those

2017-09-22 18:43:33 GMT <douglascrp> if you can, please, share then with me by email

2017-09-22 18:43:39 GMT <douglascrp> then I can read on the bus

2017-09-22 18:43:55 GMT <resplin> The bad news: we scuttled the September release of Alfresco Community Edition. We have some problems with our build scripts and GitHub.

2017-09-22 18:44:12 GMT <resplin> Not a big deal, but we will need to schedule the fix. There weren't many changes to release, mostly just tooling changes.

2017-09-22 18:44:23 GMT <douglascrp> ah, that is not a problem at all

2017-09-22 18:44:26 GMT <resplin> The good news: Alfresco DevCon 2017 will be in mid-January in Lisbon.

2017-09-22 18:44:31 GMT <douglascrp> the current GA is stable enough

2017-09-22 18:44:36 GMT <douglascrp> nice

2017-09-22 18:44:43 GMT <resplin> Vamos a Lisboa!

2017-09-22 18:44:48 GMT <douglascrp> rs

2017-09-22 18:44:53 GMT <douglascrp> eu não poderei ir

2017-09-22 18:44:59 GMT <douglascrp> infelizmente

2017-09-22 18:45:11 GMT <resplin> I still have a few months to work on you. You need to get spousal approval, then the rest is easy!

2017-09-22 18:45:14 GMT <resplin> grin

2017-09-22 18:45:35 GMT <douglascrp> by spousal you mean wife?

2017-09-22 18:45:47 GMT <resplin> Correct.

2017-09-22 18:45:53 GMT <resplin> I was making a joke.

2017-09-22 18:45:53 GMT <douglascrp> no, that is not the problem

2017-09-22 18:45:58 GMT <douglascrp> I know :D

2017-09-22 18:46:02 GMT <douglascrp> but I didn't know the word

2017-09-22 18:46:08 GMT <douglascrp> I would take her with me

2017-09-22 18:46:12 GMT <resplin> Spousal approval is often harder than management approval of financial approval.

2017-09-22 18:46:14 GMT <douglascrp> the problem is too much work

2017-09-22 18:46:15 GMT <resplin> Even better!

2017-09-22 18:46:22 GMT <resplin> Bring the family!

2017-09-22 18:46:22 GMT <douglascrp> and I am working alone

2017-09-22 18:46:35 GMT <resplin> Tell your clients that you are planning to be ill and in the hospital those two weeks.

2017-09-22 18:46:38 GMT <douglascrp> I could not find anyone to work with me at my company

2017-09-22 18:46:44 GMT <douglascrp> :D

2017-09-22 18:46:51 GMT <resplin> (one week for DevCon, and one week for tourism)

2017-09-22 18:46:56 GMT <douglascrp> yes

2017-09-22 18:47:00 GMT <douglascrp> that would be awesome

2017-09-22 18:47:12 GMT <douglascrp> but you know, our currency is not helping on that

2017-09-22 18:47:16 GMT <resplin> See, you're already almost convinced!

2017-09-22 18:47:19 GMT <douglascrp> EUR is too expensive

2017-09-22 18:47:25 GMT <resplin> grin

2017-09-22 18:48:08 GMT <resplin> I'll nudge you again in a few weeks. You get your proposal accepted in the call for papers, and then we'll nudge again.

2017-09-22 18:48:15 GMT <douglascrp> I am not that hard to convince when it comes to travel :D

2017-09-22 18:48:31 GMT <resplin> Have an enjoyable visit to your parents. Enjoy some of your mom's food!

2017-09-22 18:48:38 GMT <resplin> (assuming your mom likes to cook)

2017-09-22 18:48:41 GMT <douglascrp> lol

2017-09-22 18:48:47 GMT <douglascrp> no, she doesn't :D

2017-09-22 18:48:56 GMT <douglascrp> that is one one of her qualities, unfortunately :D

2017-09-22 18:49:06 GMT <douglascrp> I am going to cook if I want to eat something tasty

2017-09-22 18:49:15 GMT <douglascrp> I will enjoy the company though

2017-09-22 18:49:27 GMT <resplin> Well, enjoy cooking for your parents. That's the duty of a son!

2017-09-22 18:50:04 GMT <douglascrp> yes

2017-09-22 18:50:09 GMT <douglascrp> ok, gtg now

2017-09-22 18:50:15 GMT <douglascrp> have a good weekend

2017-09-22 18:51:06 GMT <resplin> cheers

2017-09-22 19:11:05 GMT <xkahn> resplin: I didn't realize! :( I must have forgotten.

2017-09-22 19:11:42 GMT <resplin> frown

2017-09-22 19:11:56 GMT <resplin> You'll have to tell everyone that you have suddenly taken ill, and spend the rest of the day hacking on a project of your choice.

2017-09-22 19:12:06 GMT <resplin> BenK_: Info about the RM REST API

2017-09-22 19:12:08 GMT <resplin> https://community.alfresco.com/community/ecm/blog/2017/06/27/records-management-community-26a

2017-09-22 19:12:10 GMT <alfbot> Title: Records Management Community 2.6.a | Alfresco Community (at community.alfresco.com)

2017-09-22 19:12:45 GMT <resplin> https://community.alfresco.com/community/ecm/blog/2017/09/18/records-management-community-26b

2017-09-22 19:12:46 GMT <alfbot> Title: Records Management Community 2.6.b | Alfresco Community (at community.alfresco.com)

2017-09-22 19:24:42 GMT <resplin> xkahn: Did you see the news about DevCon? January 16 in Lisbon. The call for papers should open next week.

2017-09-22 19:26:38 GMT <resplin> I'm hoping you will present on managing multi-lingual content.

2017-09-22 19:28:56 GMT <xkahn> Hmm.. Not a bad idea, actually.

2017-09-22 19:29:47 GMT <xkahn> Although we're moving beyond multi-lingual content lately into print vs. web layouts letter vs. a4.

2017-09-22 19:30:37 GMT <xkahn> And THAT just branched into png/jpg/eps/svg black/white/full color/red/green images.

2017-09-22 19:37:09 GMT <resplin> Oh, that would make for an interesting presentation.

2017-09-22 21:32:50 GMT <qwebirc18477> JOIN

2017-09-22 21:34:01 GMT <resplin> welcome qwebirc18477

2017-09-22 21:35:10 GMT <resplin> You can lurk here, or you can ask a question.

2017-09-22 21:53:27 GMT <AFaust> And so the session went down.

2017-09-22 21:53:31 GMT <sujaypillai> :(

2017-09-22 21:53:45 GMT <AFaust> I remember resplin saying that this might happen after 24-25 hours...

2017-09-22 21:54:18 GMT <sujaypillai> it happened last when it was idle for 40mins

2017-09-22 21:54:22 GMT <sujaypillai> and then i restarted it

2017-09-22 21:54:34 GMT <sujaypillai> so it’s not yet 24hrs yet to that session

2017-09-22 21:55:07 GMT <sujaypillai> may be resplin laptop died bcoz he was the host

2017-09-22 21:57:40 GMT <resplin> I'll restart it.

2017-09-22 21:58:38 GMT <resplin> It's back.

2017-09-22 21:59:06 GMT <resplin> sujaypillai: Francesco says that it was good I killed the session so that you could go to bed.

2017-09-22 21:59:11 GMT <resplin> But you can rejoin if you want.

2017-09-22 21:59:29 GMT <sujaypillai> i think he is true....

2017-09-22 21:59:32 GMT <resplin> https://zoom.us/j/240876266

2017-09-22 21:59:33 GMT <alfbot> Title: Unsupported Operating System - Zoom (at zoom.us)

2017-09-22 21:59:40 GMT <sujaypillai> i m too hanging up now

2017-09-22 21:59:48 GMT <sujaypillai> its 6:00 AM for me

2017-09-22 21:59:49 GMT <resplin> Great work sujaypillai! Sleep well.

2017-09-22 22:01:08 GMT <sujaypillai> Thanks resplin

2017-09-22 23:18:23 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: +o resplin

2017-09-22 23:18:43 GMT *** resplin changes topic to "Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question. Logs: http://chat.alfresco.com Channel help: https://community.alfresco.com/ Official support for Enterprise subscribers: http://support.alfresco.com."

2017-09-22 23:18:55 GMT <resplin> deop #alfresco resplin

2017-09-22 23:19:06 GMT *** ChanServ sets mode: -o resplin

2017-09-22 23:19:21 GMT <resplin> That was a successful hack-a-thon!

2017-09-22 23:19:31 GMT <resplin> I'll be around a bit longer, so let me know if anyone has questions with their projects.

2017-09-22 23:32:29 GMT <resplin> Remember to join Office Hours on October 6 to see a review of all the hack-a-thon projects.

End of Daily Log

The other logs are at http://esplins.org/hash_alfresco