Daily Log for #alfresco IRC Channel

Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question.

Official support for Enterprise subscribers: support.alfresco.com.

Joining the Channel:

Join in the conversation by getting an IRC client and connecting to #alfresco at Freenode. Our you can use the IRC web chat.

More information about the channel is in the wiki.

Getting Help

More help is available in this list of resources.

Daily Log for #alfresco

2018-06-27 05:06:36 GMT <qwebirc2637> Hello all need to open form after clicking on share header.Same like createsite but for this how to pass targetURL??

2018-06-27 05:10:54 GMT <qwebirc2637> for pages will pass pageURL for targetURL but how to showing forms in the header

2018-06-27 06:29:43 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> @digcat good morning/aftrnoon/evening. I already have some feedback directly from John Newton and some others PMs (I point them on the discussion and they had the chance to discuss about it). Looking forward for the Office Hours then. 馃槈

2018-06-27 06:30:32 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> groovy, did someone later tell jeff

2018-06-27 06:31:41 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> I wrote to Jeff, as he required. No answered yet, but I'm confident considering the discussion inside the community.

2018-06-27 06:32:07 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> yes, think it should be well attended

2018-06-27 06:35:34 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Yep, especially considering that the summary of the answer is: the "marketplace" idea is something not prioritised today, but still considered a good idea. Alfresco offers and suggests to host the list in the official Alfresco Github repo, opened to contributions and with the structure suggested by the community (so this discussion).

2018-06-27 06:35:45 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> I'm happy with the feedback.

2018-06-27 06:36:30 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> do we have anything regarding the extension points available to community, or any special provisions which may be available going forward, note axel's comments above

2018-06-27 06:38:36 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Something practical to show today: no! @DenysVuika already shared that the ADF Team is starting to work on it and I'm aware all the other teams are working on this topic (all with different velocity and priority). The path is clear and positive for the extensions. What we don't know yet, is the timing.

2018-06-27 06:39:24 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> (Let me thank @DenysVuika to be here with the Community, sharing his thoughts and contribution... well done Denys!)

2018-06-27 06:40:06 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> is there a highlevel epic, ie the intention will allow x,y,z to be modified changed

2018-06-27 06:42:19 GMT <alfresco-discord> <DenysVuika> the starting point is here, also links to community portal with more discussions and feedback: https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-content-app/issues/179

2018-06-27 06:42:21 GMT <alfbot> Title:Module/extension mechanism 路 Issue #179 路 Alfresco/alfresco-content-app 路 GitHub (at github.com)

2018-06-27 06:43:12 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> It really depend on the Team and every Team has a different backlog with different Epics. We should involve the PMs on this topic. Ole and JohnKnoles are right people to ask for ADF. Doug Johnson and Mauricio Salartino for APS/Activit. Brian Remmington/Ray Gauss for the DBP. ...the repo... well, Richard Espl... ops... ehm... dont' know yet. 馃槂

2018-06-27 06:43:46 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Yes, the content Denys is showing has been ABSOLUTELY considered as a starting point for the internal discussion.

2018-06-27 06:44:18 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> You should consider this as something coming from the Community that influenced the decisions on the Alfresco platform.

2018-06-27 06:46:09 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> yes, the addons gives the incentives for a community, so its really an important thing and improves alfrescos flexibility in the market

2018-06-27 06:46:52 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> I'm happy to say that we are all agree on this.

2018-06-27 06:47:08 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> if you look at nuxeo you can see the breadth of their eco system, growing hugely on the back of community contributions

2018-06-27 06:47:20 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> yep

2018-06-27 06:47:39 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> As it should be...

2018-06-27 06:49:26 GMT <alfresco-discord> <DenysVuika> It is also important to focus on the context when saying "addons" or "extensions". As @Francesco Corti mentioned above, different teams, stacks, priorities, etc.

2018-06-27 06:50:19 GMT <alfresco-discord> <DenysVuika> Addon for "ACA" may carry different meaning than addon for ACS or Share

2018-06-27 07:00:34 GMT <qwebirc2637> open form after clicking on share header.For pages will pass pageURL as a targetURL but how to show forms in the header.Same like createsite but for this how to pass targetURL??

2018-06-27 07:20:19 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> hi @DenysVuika yes clarifying those meanings is important particularly going forward, extension points for ACS will obviously be important to many

2018-06-27 07:20:52 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> but addons for ACA will also be of interest no doubt

2018-06-27 07:52:31 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Do you want to learn how to develop an AMP/JAR on ACS 6, deploy it using docker and then debug it into your development environment? Join us into the #Alfresco Tech Talk Live 117 at 14:00 UTC (16:00 CEST). Hacking and demoing will be all about the content. http://ow.ly/360T30kEjg5

2018-06-27 07:59:23 GMT <_proto> Hey! Good morning!

2018-06-27 08:00:52 GMT <_proto> Which is the easiest way to adding some site metadata on site creation, without using SKD, eclipse....? Just scripting/modifying any XML?

2018-06-27 10:06:21 GMT <alfbot> chandu: Sent 22 hours and 52 minutes ago: <AFaust> You need to provide error logs with such statements, otherwise no one can help you. I can imagine you just forgot to add the JDBC driver...

2018-06-27 11:39:49 GMT <sumit> Hi All, Use of authenticationService and permissionService in behaviour throws "A valid SecureContext was not provided"

2018-06-27 11:40:54 GMT <sumit> And to fix this if I run code as a system user then authenticationService.getCurrentUserName() returns me "System"

2018-06-27 11:41:47 GMT <sumit> But I need the actual user signed in. Can anyone help me plz?

2018-06-27 11:42:56 GMT <AFaust> sumit: 1) those uses only throw this kind of error if called outside of an authenticated context OR if custom code / configuration has "destroyed" / invalidated the authenticated context

2018-06-27 11:43:10 GMT <AFaust> 2) You can always use AuthenticationUtil without having to use authenticationService

2018-06-27 11:43:37 GMT <AFaust> That allows you to distinguish between the fully authenticated user and the current runAs context

2018-06-27 11:44:06 GMT <AFaust> 3) never use runAsSystem as a quick fix without understanding the real issue

2018-06-27 11:45:15 GMT <AFaust> The specific fix in your situation depends on the specific cause in your situation - there is no generic way to fix that applies in most situations...

2018-06-27 11:45:34 GMT <AFaust> Maybe you could provide an exception stack / log of the error

2018-06-27 11:47:45 GMT <qwebirc81439> Hi all anyone had idea how to open form after clicking on share header ,same like sitecreation function.Not able to find how to do this.For pages able to open through share header.Not knowing for forms how to call here ??

2018-06-27 11:48:57 GMT <sumit> Ok @AFaust. 2. Does AuthenticationUtil returns currentUserName like authenticationService? By this method getFullyAuthenticatedUser()??

2018-06-27 11:49:35 GMT <sumit> I am also using permissionService, that also same error.

2018-06-27 11:50:44 GMT <AFaust> authenticationService actually refers to AuthenticationUtil internally, so the result is the same / similar

2018-06-27 11:51:06 GMT <qwebirc81439> for pages as follows https://bpaste.net/show/ae9010f906d8 but what about targetURL the forms ??

2018-06-27 11:51:07 GMT <alfbot> Title:show at bpaste (at bpaste.net)

2018-06-27 11:51:28 GMT <AFaust> I can't tell you how to fix the use of permissionService without more detail about your specific error scenario / cause

2018-06-27 11:53:14 GMT <sumit> Ok. Thank you very much AFaust.

2018-06-27 11:53:24 GMT <AFaust> qwebirc81439: Please read through the Aikau tutorial / documentation to understand how forms are triggered. I.e. https://github.com/Alfresco/Aikau/blob/develop/tutorial/chapters/Tutorial7.md

2018-06-27 11:53:25 GMT <alfbot> Title:Aikau/Tutorial7.md at develop 路 Alfresco/Aikau 路 GitHub (at github.com)

2018-06-27 12:17:18 GMT <sumit> @AFaust : I have try AuthenticationUtil getFullyAuthenticatedUser in place of AuthenticationService to get current user name. This is a static method returns no value.

2018-06-27 12:19:30 GMT <AFaust> So, then you already know the cause of your problem. You do not have an authenticated context at all, otherwise it would return a value

2018-06-27 12:19:50 GMT <AFaust> And that is the reason both your calls to authenticationService / permissionService fail.

2018-06-27 12:20:03 GMT <AFaust> Are you maybe implementing a web script with authentication set to "none"?

2018-06-27 12:41:35 GMT <popochon> Hi all

2018-06-27 12:43:04 GMT <popochon> I a have an exception, may someone could help me :D org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.InvalidNodeRefException: Node does not exist: workspace://SpacesStore/6e1cef3c-14e6-4d88-b090-803362e402d3 (status:Status[id=79995changeTxnId=7bca1bc9-eaa4-4655-8962-35696a0b3874, dbTxnId=103154, deleted=true])

2018-06-27 12:44:09 GMT <popochon> that was in a webscript with 0 errors until this week.... only think changed is some people get out from LDAP... i think that could make some user nodes been removed and that node is for those users...

2018-06-27 12:44:46 GMT <popochon> in node console the node does not exist

2018-06-27 12:45:29 GMT <popochon> i will apreciate a tip or idea of what to do or test..

2018-06-27 12:45:42 GMT <popochon> THanks in advance :D

2018-06-27 12:46:05 GMT <popochon> (oh.. alfresco AIO 5.2 sdk3)

2018-06-27 12:46:10 GMT <popochon> :)

2018-06-27 13:40:42 GMT <alfresco-discord> <kgastaldo> Just a reminder - we're having Tech Talk Live in 20 minutes!

2018-06-27 13:40:57 GMT <alfresco-discord> <kgastaldo> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H7YmKUBAcI

2018-06-27 14:00:03 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Hi all, we are going to start now. Join us.

2018-06-27 14:00:30 GMT <alfresco-discord> <douglascrp> I will miss it

2018-06-27 14:00:35 GMT <alfresco-discord> <douglascrp> I have a call

2018-06-27 14:01:23 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> no prob, it will be rcorded

2018-06-27 14:01:29 GMT <alfresco-discord> <douglascrp> yes, fortunately

2018-06-27 14:19:50 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Francesco Corti> Feel free to raise questions about the Tech Talk Live, if you have any

2018-06-27 17:46:49 GMT <eswbitto> question for you all....is it easier to install solr4 on its own container using the alfresco installer and just deleting stuff I don't need or manually installing solr4 from apache and tomcat?

2018-06-27 17:47:51 GMT <AFaust> eswbitto: Neither

2018-06-27 17:48:35 GMT <AFaust> a) you should not install anything manually in a container

2018-06-27 17:49:00 GMT <AFaust> b) using SOLR from Apache is wrong - you'd need to use the SOLR 4 WAR from Alfresco

2018-06-27 17:53:22 GMT <eswbitto> AFaust so using the bin installer and then getting rid of everything except solr and tomcat stuff would work?

2018-06-27 17:55:16 GMT <AFaust> It would work, but my use of "neither" also excluded that.

2018-06-27 17:55:42 GMT <AFaust> Basically, do the second option, but instead of using raw SOLR from Apache, use SOLR provided by Alfresco

2018-06-27 17:56:13 GMT <AFaust> And don't do it manually - automate it via Dockerfile or other tooling

2018-06-27 17:56:19 GMT <eswbitto> ok

2018-06-27 19:11:00 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 day, 23 hours, and 45 minutes ago: <AxelFaust> Since you are using IRC, I'll use ~later to convey Kristen's question: Can you come to Office Hours Thurs? This would be a good time/place to discuss addons.

2018-06-27 19:11:01 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 day, 23 hours, and 44 minutes ago: <AxelFaust> And I didn't see that you had already joined for a short time after Kristen sent the question, so maybe this has all been for naught...

2018-06-27 19:11:02 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 day, 11 hours, and 52 minutes ago: <digcat> i read your blog post, and agree with most of it, although, wouldnt your plan be replicating this http://orderofthebee.org/addons/ initial effort ?

2018-06-27 19:11:03 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 day, 11 hours, and 26 minutes ago: <digcat> so adding to this https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/addons/blob/master/addon-web/addons-listing.json

2018-06-27 19:11:04 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 day, 1 hour, and 11 minutes ago: <digcat> i get that share is on the chopping block, so understand a new source of addons could be a great idea, if its something which cannot be deprecated like the share addons stuff

2018-06-27 19:14:55 GMT <jpotts> AFaust: I have a client meeting on Thursday that conflicts with Office Hours this week

2018-06-27 19:15:10 GMT <jpotts> I missed Kristen's question, so I'll check the archives

2018-06-27 19:16:48 GMT <jpotts> digcat: Regarding duplication of OOTB addons listing, that listing has a set of criteria that must be met and requires a github issue to be submitted. My proposal removes that friction

2018-06-27 19:28:57 GMT <jpotts> Does anyone know if it is possible to force a dashlet to re-read its surf config by calling something from code that is running on the repo tier?

2018-06-27 19:29:33 GMT <jpotts> I'm programmatically updating the Site Notice dashlet from code running on the repo tier but it doesn't show up in Share until Share is restarted

2018-06-27 19:29:43 GMT <AFaust> You cannot force reload of Share-tier Surf models on the Repository-tier

2018-06-27 19:30:02 GMT <jpotts> could I invoke a Share tier web script that does it?

2018-06-27 19:30:15 GMT <AFaust> You'd have to do it in a Share-tier web script proxy that delegates to the Repository and after receiving the response reloads the config

2018-06-27 19:31:09 GMT <AFaust> Since a web script on the classpath can use Java interop to access the Spring application context, you can access any of the caches and clear inidividual items (if you can construct the lookup key) or the entire cache

2018-06-27 19:31:20 GMT <jpotts> I'm trying to convince my client to let me use a purpose-built dashlet that persists the data in a sane way instead of how the Site Notice dashlet does it

2018-06-27 19:32:09 GMT <jpotts> Using my own dashlet (that reads data from a node on the repo tier) would be much cleaner and I wouldn't have to jump through hoops when it is updated

2018-06-27 21:03:45 GMT <alfbot> digcat: Sent 1 hour and 46 minutes ago: <jpotts> Regarding duplication of OOTB addons listing, that listing has a set of criteria that must be met and requires a github issue to be submitted. My proposal removes that friction

2018-06-27 21:06:28 GMT <digcat> ~later tell jpotts yes, can see your proposal removes that friction, which is great, it also offers a centralised location for application stubs, would it be possible to run under the ootb repo? also saw your comment re not able to make office hours, are there any questions we can put up to them for answering around addons ?

2018-06-27 21:06:28 GMT <alfbot> digcat: The operation succeeded.

2018-06-27 22:18:00 GMT <jpotts> digcat: No questions at the moment. They've expressed general support for the idea. I think they may also be interested in running the directory (although I feel like they mis-handled that in the end)

2018-06-27 22:18:00 GMT <alfbot> jpotts: Sent 1 hour and 11 minutes ago: <digcat> yes, can see your proposal removes that friction, which is great, it also offers a centralised location for application stubs, would it be possible to run under the ootb repo? also saw your comment re not able to make office hours, are there any questions we can put up to them for answering around addons ?

2018-06-27 22:18:26 GMT <jpotts> First step is to get the schema agreed to and see if developers will take it on. If not, the rest of the idea has to adjust

2018-06-27 22:18:56 GMT <jpotts> I have some vacation coming up, so I may not get much done on it until August

2018-06-27 22:39:49 GMT <digcat> ~later tell yes, was wondering if in the schema, the actual url to use for building would be something which could exist, then any automated build system, would be able to git pull, and build to help with testing on each release, or in combination of other addons. not sure if that is too ambitious or not?

2018-06-27 22:39:49 GMT <alfbot> digcat: The operation succeeded.

2018-06-27 23:24:41 GMT <alfresco-discord> <Cetra> Ola!

2018-06-27 23:53:57 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> ola @Cetra cetra

End of Daily Log

The other logs are at http://esplins.org/hash_alfresco