Daily Log for #alfresco IRC Channel

Alfresco discussion and collaboration. Stick around a few hours after asking a question.

Official support for Enterprise subscribers: support.alfresco.com.

Joining the Channel:

Join in the conversation by getting an IRC client and connecting to #alfresco at Freenode. Our you can use the IRC web chat.

More information about the channel is in the wiki.

Getting Help

More help is available in this list of resources.

Daily Log for #alfresco

2019-10-22 07:54:40 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: Sent 22 hours and 53 minutes ago: <AFaust> Any chance you can get the team to ensure ASS on GitHub is buildable? I.e. all the dependencies (including the Alfresco-patched ones) are in accessible artifact repositories?

2019-10-22 07:54:41 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: Sent 21 hours and 42 minutes ago: <AFaust> It looks like the pre-emptive deletion of any existing index documents (both ERROR and actual node documents) when an updated / new node is indexed is causing the significant slow down / index commit overhead I am observing. For every node added to the index, the commit phase must execute two queries to find those index documents to delete, which costs a low of time in calculating query weights.

2019-10-22 07:54:42 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: Sent 21 hours and 39 minutes ago: <AFaust> The more nodes that have already been indexed, the more significant this overhead becomes. Currently at 20 million nodes indexed, and time remaining has climbed to 16 days compared to 6 days on Friday. Taking just the performance of the last two hours, it should have already climbed to 18 days, but I guess the SOLR calculated value considers longer time frames for averages.

2019-10-22 08:08:29 GMT <angelborroy> ~later tell AFaust We have an open issue to ensure GitHub is buildable, sorry for that

2019-10-22 08:08:29 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: The operation succeeded.

2019-10-22 08:09:24 GMT <angelborroy> ~later tell AFaust nice catch up that related with the overhead in indexing, we’ll take a look and we’ll open an issue if we confirm the behaviour. Thanks!

2019-10-22 08:09:24 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: The operation succeeded.

2019-10-22 09:21:37 GMT <hi-ko> angelborroy: If I got AFaust right the issue is with solr6 blocking most of the processing on index commit / merge

2019-10-22 11:47:24 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: Sent 3 hours and 38 minutes ago: <angelborroy> We have an open issue to ensure GitHub is buildable, sorry for that

2019-10-22 11:47:25 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: Sent 3 hours and 38 minutes ago: <angelborroy> nice catch up that related with the overhead in indexing, we’ll take a look and we’ll open an issue if we confirm the behaviour. Thanks!

2019-10-22 12:14:24 GMT <AFaust> ~later tell angelborroy: Actually started running an ASS 1.1 system alongside the 1.3 one to compare performance behaviour (and to see if that was maybe a behaviour that changed due to some Lucene/SOLR updates)

2019-10-22 12:14:24 GMT <alfbot> AFaust: The operation succeeded.

2019-10-22 12:40:50 GMT <alfbot> angelborroy: Sent 26 minutes ago: <AFaust> Actually started running an ASS 1.1 system alongside the 1.3 one to compare performance behaviour (and to see if that was maybe a behaviour that changed due to some Lucene/SOLR updates)

2019-10-22 12:54:21 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> hi all, not sure where this should be reported, its an issue im hitting on the adf content-app, ive managed to get a folder inside a new site, when browsing from share there is no problem, but in adf i get this horrible error, in catalina. https://pastebin.com/qY5B7FnY i can not see any problems in any other folder in any other site via adf or share, and the only thing different on this folder is i

2019-10-22 12:54:21 GMT <alfresco-discord> once had a rule against it, which was deleted. ill see if this is repeatable, is there any information i can collect on the folder which might shine a light on what the error is about ? thanks

2019-10-22 12:54:21 GMT <alfbot> Title:[Java] 2019-10-22 12:40:17,918 ERROR [framework.webscripts.ResourceWebScriptGet] [ajp - Pastebin.com (at pastebin.com)

2019-10-22 13:08:54 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> ok, so one more thing, the rule was from a module which was deleted. another rule works in adf, so the rule thing might be a redherring

2019-10-22 13:10:04 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> have to say the error isnt the most helpful,

2019-10-22 13:26:41 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> noted comment re QName issues, and model registering properly on startup, but nothing showing any issues, and share has no issue opening the folder

2019-10-22 13:46:54 GMT <alfresco-discord> <digcat> ok narrowed down, im seeing {"error":{"errorKey":"framework.exception.ApiDefault","statusCode":401,"briefSummary":"09220030 Authentication failed for Web Script org/alfresco/api/ResourceWebScript.get","stackTrace":"For security reasons the stack trace is no longer displayed, but the property is kept for previous versions","descriptionURL":"https://api-explorer.alfresco.com"}} in the console, just on

2019-10-22 13:46:54 GMT <alfresco-discord> this one folder, so presumably this is ADF/REST related

2019-10-22 13:46:56 GMT <alfbot> Title:Alfresco Content Services REST API Explorer (at api-explorer.alfresco.com)

End of Daily Log

The other logs are at http://esplins.org/hash_alfresco